Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Default Couple questions

didn't know where to put this, so i put it in the general section...

Question 1...last night i was driving to a friends house and as i'm getting closer, i happened to look down and see the handbrake light was on and TCS light was on, then i looked under the gauge and saw the brake fluid was low...then when i left, started my car...nothing, it all went away...is this something serious, or was the random drop in temperature messing with my car?

Question 2...whenever i drive over a manhole(level with the road) or little bumps in the road that i can't avoid, i hear a loud squeak coming from the back of my car...i told one of my friends this problem and he asked how many miles are on my car(at the moment, a little over 25k) he said that if it's under 26k(or 28k, can't remember) that it's covered under a warranty and i wouldn't have to pay a dime for any services done...is this true, and also, what could the squeaking be?

thanks anyone who has any answers
Old 08-24-2010, 02:58 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shad2009
Question 1...last night i was driving to a friends house and as i'm getting closer, i happened to look down and see the handbrake light was on and TCS light was on, then i looked under the gauge and saw the brake fluid was low...then when i left, started my car...nothing, it all went away...is this something serious, or was the random drop in temperature messing with my car?

Question 2...whenever i drive over a manhole(level with the road) or little bumps in the road that i can't avoid, i hear a loud squeak coming from the back of my car...i told one of my friends this problem and he asked how many miles are on my car(at the moment, a little over 25k) he said that if it's under 26k(or 28k, can't remember) that it's covered under a warranty and i wouldn't have to pay a dime for any services done...is this true, and also, what could the squeaking be?

thanks anyone who has any answers
Q1) I believe running your brake fluid low will cause the TCS issue you mentioned, but more importantly, if it runs too low, you can cause bubbles in your ABS system that can only be fixed by a trip to the dealer. There was another thread discussing how that person couldn't get their brakes to bleed and this was one of the things brought up in that thread. Search and try to find.

Edited: Found the thread here...

Q2) Our cars come with a 3yr/36K mile warranty. However, seeing you only describe a sound and not an actual symptom like a degradation of steering or whatever, they may want to charge you a "diagnostic" fee to discover the problem is only some rubber bushing that needed lubricant.

No matter what, let us know what you discover. Good luck.

Don