Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Looking for more HP w/ intake & programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 04:15 PM
BigSkyLLC
1st Gear Member

Default Looking for more HP w/ intake & programmer?

Sorry I made a newbie mistake and posted this in the wrong section so here it is again.

What do you guys think is a realistic Hp number with only an intake and programmer on an '05 GT?

Also, do the stock fuel injectors and pump work o.k. with the programmers?

I don't want to do an exhaust because I really like the way it sounds stock.

I saw a package from C&C Performance on Ebay for $675.00. Anyone have first hand experience with these?

Thanks for your input as a newbie it's nice to get other peoples real world opinions.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:45 PM
BigSkyLLC
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for more HP w/ intake & programmer?

Another question. What about those $7.95 speed chips just plug it in and go, do they work? Seems to easy for 20 hp gains.

Thanks again, your input is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:27 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

Answered your other post about the CAI, the chips are a waste of money.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:25 AM
madmike
1st Gear Member

BigSky, What advise did you get on these questions? I'm thinking of a C&L intake and programmer package to boost the HP and get rid of the throttle lag.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:54 AM
BigSkyLLC
1st Gear Member

madmike,
I haven't got a lot of advise but it looks like 20-30 hp is the max gain we're going to get with intake & programmer. I'm leaning toward the K&N with a predator but there might be some problems getting them sync'd together for optimum power. I'm just speculating on what I've read on here. Let me know what you learn.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:09 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

As far as the CAI the C&L and Steeda are the front runners with K&N being third due to the cheaper price. The SCT X2 and Predator are about equal just depends on what you prefer. Before I put in the Saleen S/C I had the SCT X2 and C&L that I ordered from Breenspeed.com and I was very happy with the gains, it was well worth the money.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:14 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

I picked up 20hp with my JMS intake and an out of the box tune. I would go with the C&L intake because it is a full intake and a SCT tuner. You should see about 30 to the wheels with that setup.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:21 PM
BigSkyLLC
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info guys. Do you prefer the rubber intake hose or aluminum? Some people say the Alum. gets hotter. Is there really a performance dif.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:51 PM
05SonicBlue
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigSkyLLC

Thanks for the info guys. Do you prefer the rubber intake hose or aluminum? Some people say the Alum. gets hotter. Is there really a performance dif.
i prefer the Aluminum intake. i think it looks better, and performance-wise i think it's performs equal to or better than rubber under the majority of driving conditions.

intakes will eventually come up to the ambient temperature of the engine compartment in hot/city traffic conditions, regardless of AL or rubber. AL will reach ambient temperature much more quickly, but converserly aluminum will cool much more quickly.

aluminum vs silcone/rubber is a double edged sword. aluminum conducts heat, but it also dissapates heat quickly. this is why you can grab aluminum foil right out of the oven w/o problems. rubber/silicone stays hot much much longer than aluminum. i'd rather have something that will cool quickly once the air gets moving rather than something that stays hot for a long time. i figure in hot city driving conditions, intake is hot, regardless of what it's made of, versus when you're moving and air is flowing through the engine compartment, aluminum will cool much quicker.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:03 AM
madmike
1st Gear Member

Thanks to everyone for the info. Looks like the C&L/SCT X2 package is the way to go.