Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Throttle Lag issue Resolved ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 03:28 PM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Throttle Lag issue Resolved ?

Well you are about 45 min from me, I live in Haymarket, Va. off 66 west of Manassas, Va
Old 10-31-2005, 03:29 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Ok I got started on it but then I looked at the time and had to go back work. I'll definitly work out everything I can and record it with what I have...I hope I can find the same PID's hehe

edit: I sent a long email to the sct guy explaining everything, just waiting for a response now.
edit2: nevermind, the email address is messed up and it won't send for some stupid reason.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:40 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: swieduwi

From SCT Forum
Can you datalog pedal position, and throttle angle desired as well as throttle position with the xcalibrator 2 so I can see how much of a delay is real, and how much is just mechanical delay from any fly by wire vehicle.

There isn't a "ETC Delay" table in the pcm that we adjust to get better throttle response to my knowledge.

You don't need to purchase a xcal2 if you can just use one for a few minutes to datalog it. It is just without data, it is very hard to make these kind of corrections if you don't know what the car wants to do.

Ryan@SCT.com
Send the Data logs to him Via the SCT Forum and he may be able to adjust the ETC.
The email address is not working.... could you link to where you found this thread, I can't find it anywhere on their forums.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Id love to ride in an 05 and witness this throttle lag. I dont notice it in my 06. I would think of all the complaining about it ive heard that it should be obvious for me to feel it. manual tranny, not sure if it matters.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:49 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Well I tried to do it without the intake on, but with no MAF sensor the engine shuts off on its own. I did get some good datalogs and did a super kick *** burnout, too bad that wasn't on tape though. But I finally got a good video of the borla exhaust if anyone wants to hear it.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:36 PM
BradInFl
2nd Gear Member

Of course I wanna hear that exhuast! I still dont understand if the pedal pushing in the on possition would be effective in a manual GT.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:43 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

This video doesn't do it justice....it is sooooo much louder in person

http://andyman82.com/files/borla.mpg
Old 11-01-2005, 09:04 AM
madmike
1st Gear Member

Andyman, enjoyed the video! I was leaning toward the borla for my 05 GT, video has helped with my decision.

Reference the reduction in throttle lag, are the procedures in the first thread for manual or auto trannies or both?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:19 PM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andyman

ORIGINAL: swieduwi

From SCT Forum
Can you datalog pedal position, and throttle angle desired as well as throttle position with the xcalibrator 2 so I can see how much of a delay is real, and how much is just mechanical delay from any fly by wire vehicle.

There isn't a "ETC Delay" table in the pcm that we adjust to get better throttle response to my knowledge.

You don't need to purchase a xcal2 if you can just use one for a few minutes to datalog it. It is just without data, it is very hard to make these kind of corrections if you don't know what the car wants to do.

Ryan@SCT.com
Send the Data logs to him Via the SCT Forum and he may be able to adjust the ETC.
The email address is not working.... could you link to where you found this thread, I can't find it anywhere on their forums.
SCT Forum
Old 11-01-2005, 12:29 PM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: madmike
Reference the reduction in throttle lag, are the procedures in the first thread for manual or auto trannies or both?
MadMike, Since the Manual Trannies tend not to exhibit this problem I am assuming that it is a Auto only problem. I have read that ford has programed some delay in the throttle to reduce drive train "Clunk" but I am not sure if this procedure addresses the "TIP-IN delay" I think this procedure is to sync the pedal switch with the serveo in the TB but if you have some delay with the Manual Trans,, try it , it could not hurt....

There is some good info here.....

The procedure:

- Turn your key to the ON position (not just ACC), wait for the various dash warning lights to go out - but do NOT start the car.

- Press your throttle all the way down in one smooth motion - just do it at a normal speed (take about 2-3 seconds to hit bottom).

- Let it up, as soon as you hit the bottom.

- Turn off your ignition and wait 3-4 seconds.

- Start the engine up normally and drive.

May have to repeat 3 times for the Computer Training to complete
this procedure trains the throttle variable switch to the throttle body servo motor.
May need to be redone everytime you flash the PCM.
SCT Flash Forums

Quick Reply: Throttle Lag issue Resolved ?