Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Types of f/i?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 12:05 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Default RE: Types of f/i?

steel, a masterpower t70 is only ~ 600 and is good to 630rwhp, inetercoolers are fairly cheap on jegs and ebay.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I am not going to install the supercharger if I choose to get one, and I'll guess $1k-$1.2k for install charges and another $250-$350 for tuning.
What's the cheapest I can get a centri(paxton, vortech-$5.2k, procharger)for w/an intercooler and complete kit(no needed parts)? What's the cheapest for a turbo kit w/ic(helion kit is $6.2k)? And I won't even bother with a roots ortwin-screw b/c they look like a lot of troublewith the hood and intake manifold. I'd love to go f/i, especially since I have the money for a rebuild and$2.5k in cash right now so I'm probably gonna run a poll question in the 4.6section or s/s for some suggestions. If I get a 2ndjob or more hrs, I can definitly afford a centri at least in a yr or a little less time so maybe going the naturally aspirated route isn't that smartespecially since it's more costly for less gain. And I think the minimum f/i traction mods would be fl subframe connectors, lca, and drag radials on wider rims which shouldn't run more than $1k. (What uca be a good idea too? Some people say they are some people say no)

Please if anyone knows thelowest totals for each f/i methodgive me prices and sites for each b/c I want to start a poll or what would you do thread and see what I get for responses. Thanks again for all this help guys.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:51 AM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

Hrrmmm.. the cheapest F/I you could probably get would be Nitrous brudda, at least as far as I know.. a 125 or 150 shot will probably cost you less than just about any centri blower would. The cheapest blower set up I know of is the Mongoose kit from MPH that usually runs a little under 4k. I BELIEVE you can get a T-trim Vortech head unit with it instead of the SQ trim one that usually comes in it for a little more, and also I think they sell Mongoose kits with the paxton novi-2000/2200 centri units. The base model kit with the SQ trim vortech usually runs about $3,800-ish. I would also definitely go with LCA's and full length sub-frame connectors if you can manage it. Though something else I'd look into would be doing the headers and exhaust when you can, especially if you're definitely going F/I with it brudda.. I personally think UCA's for street apps aren't really necessary, but one of those "nice to have" things, at least until you start pushing serious power, like 600+ RWHP anyway.. As for sites, I would check out Modular PowerHouse, Maximum Motorsports, Lethal Performance, and JEGS methinks.. You could also try checking out Steeda's website, though you can get most of Steeda's suspension mods through Lethal Performance I think..
Old 05-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thanks for all the help guys! I'd love to go f/i, but like one of my friendspointed out to me when I was talking to them yesterday, I'm only 19 and should be saving for the future (house down payment, money to get an apartment at some point, money for stuff(furniture,bed,tv, food)for the apartment, etc) so I guess I'll do the money oriented thing and only spend some money on bolt-ons every now and then while increasing my work hrs so I'll have a little more spending money for bolt-ons . I'm sad I won't have insane power, but then again I have my whole life ahead of me so a GT500 or whatever the top model mustang in the future will be is gonna catch my eye pretty nicely when I have a steady job and I damn sure love modding (can you say 10sec or dare I say 9 sec Daily driver? [8D], I don't know I may make it my summer/weekend car like bickety bam does with his C6 Z).

PS-I don't think the mongoose kit would fit on our cars.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:43 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Thanks for all the help guys! I'd love to go f/i, but like one of my friendspointed out to me when I was talking to them yesterday, I'm only 19 and should be saving for the future (house down payment, money to get an apartment at some point, money for stuff(furniture,bed,tv, food)for the apartment, etc) so I guess I'll do the money oriented thing and only spend some money on bolt-ons every now and then while increasing my work hrs so I'll have a little more spending money for bolt-ons . I'm sad I won't have insane power, but then again I have my whole life ahead of me so a GT500 or whatever the top model mustang in the future will be is gonna catch my eye pretty nicely when I have a steady job and I damn sure love modding (can you say 10sec or dare I say 9 sec Daily driver? [8D], I don't know I may make it my summer/weekend car like bickety bam does with his C6 Z).

PS-I don't think the mongoose kit would fit on our cars.
you've got a very wise friend...i'd keep him/her.

i plan on getting a termie within the next 2-3 years (with a hellraiser kit/forged internals). then when the Gt500 prices get down i'll buy one of those keep it stock (minus a pulley change, tune....nvrmnd it wont be stock.)

having a plan and sticking to it is was makes and breaks people, im a budgeter and sometimes it hurts, my wife and i for our first year lived in an apt and barely made rent both working full time....i've been where the only thing we had to eat was 1 can of ravioli until we got paid again....(i've only been married 1.5 years)...then i said no more, i saved every penny literally if i saw change on the ground i'd pick it up put it in a jar, by weeks end i'd have 10-15 in change...bank it, now i've got a little better job (it's still hard) but i can pay for 4/gal gas without worry b/c i save everything i can. I've been on the bottom saying "here honey you can have this last bit of food" im not going back, until you've seen it/lived it it's real hard to understand.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Good story. Yeah, I can't get obsessed comletely into the car and put almost every dime I've got into or I could have problems like that in the future. I'll be happywith what I'vegot and maybe do the one thing I really wanted to do (black rims(maybe cobrar's or bullitts not sure yet) and 315 width tires in the rear. That's really all I really wanted todo. I need to finally realize I'm not 15/16 anymore and soon I am going into the world and going to be living on myown. Time to save up and prepare for the future. Thanks for the story and help you've given me. Good Luck on the future Cobra and keep that kill list growing