New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hey all! New here, just want to say HEY!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 05:23 PM
ldollar
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Hey all! New here, just want to say HEY!

Thanks for showin interest all. I have done a little body work, emblems etc since this pic was taken but you get the idea. too much fun! but today when i thought a cop was eyein me, he was just checkin out my car and gave me a big friendly wave... thats never happened before!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:06 PM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

Can you say beautiful. Is that a metallic black? Just a different look to the paint on the side view picture, most likely from the sun.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:13 PM
ldollar
I ♥ Acer

Thanks Brian!
Now you see why I thought your 68 looked a little familiar!
It is actually a crazy color.... its black in the shade or at night but in the direct sunlight you realize that its a deep dark purple. Its a color that I probably never would have chosen myself but I actually really like it.
I will try to get some updated pics up on here soon. I have been touching up all the little dings etc with some paint made to match--its pretty close. The paint is not perfect but its good enough for me til I can afford a real paintjob. Then I wonder what color I will god for.......................
Too much fun!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:23 PM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

Yea I could definintely see some extra color there, my paint is also similar to that except I started with a deep blue and at certain angles it looks dark purple, but direct sunlight brings out an amazing blue, got to love the subtleties of the metallic paints.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:19 PM
ldollar
I ♥ Acer

Hey do you know if ALL of the 68 Mustangs had the fabric roof? Mine still has the holes from the original roof but I dont really like the look so am not planning on adding that anytime down the road. I wont see much rain for several more months where I live but how should I close up those holes? do I need to get someone to weld them shut? I dont really want to spend the ca$h to paint the whole car yet so I would like to just do a simple patch... I have never worked with bondo or anything like that before. Any thougths? Even if it is just a temporary fix, that is fine. Just so it looks decent and stops the water from getting in.
Thanks for any suggestions here.
Cheers!
Old 08-28-2007, 03:13 PM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

So your 68 had the vinyl top? Not all came that way, actually I haven't seen but maybe a handful of 68s with the vinyl. As for the holes, im not real sure on what you should do, b/c if you do fill them one way or another you'll need to repaint it, do you have any pictures of where and what the holes look like?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:55 AM
ldollar
I ♥ Acer

Brian-
No pics yet, I will try to get some soon. I dont think I like the way the vinyl cover would look. I guess it could look cool... I dont think a black one would look cool but a white one might look interesting. I can see myself suggesting that to my wife and getting a look of shock mixed with disgust. I dont think she would like it. Whatever, I wont worry about this problem now. But thanks for talkin it through.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:14 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ldollar

Brian-
No pics yet, I will try to get some soon. I dont think I like the way the vinyl cover would look. I guess it could look cool... I dont think a black one would look cool but a white one might look interesting. I can see myself suggesting that to my wife and getting a look of shock mixed with disgust. I dont think she would like it. Whatever, I wont worry about this problem now. But thanks for talkin it through.
Personally I think it makes cars unique, but I'm not really a fan of the look, thats just me. I like the car the way it looks now, if you threw a vinyl top on your car, IMO it would take away from it.

Also I just noticed you're missing the trim for the hood that completes the "loop" of chrome around the grille area, does that hood have the places to attach it?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:35 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

welcome!