New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello! 2011 Mustang V6 Pony Package

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 01:07 AM
coolasice

Originally Posted by theACE
sweet!!

also i swear i wrote a post about loving the classic feel of your car...but perhaps i forgot to hit the submit button or something. But yeah, the white and black work so good. I also noticed your front grille...is that an option in the US because i see them in pictures, print ad and on the commericals but they don't have that option here in Canada. And you have no side emblems! did you remove them? if so do they leave holes or are they just stick on?

and your right about the 1/4 panels, they look great...but you do have the side scoops too...hmmm...time to save up!!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:09 AM
coolasice

haha, just noticed all those 6 speed shifters, have the R on the wrong side! guess i will have to wait...or i'll have to fork out the dough to get the actual ford version...i hear it's roughly $200 to do it
Old 10-12-2010, 06:52 AM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Thanks man, the front grille from my car can be available thru Ford only. I cannot find the link to the actual grille where you can purchase it, but I will look later tonight for it.

And here is the correct shift ***** I hope.
http://www.epcoshiftknobs.com/engraved.html

Also, my car does not have the side emblems because my car is not just a plain V6 Premium, not the Pony Pack or MCA edition which comes with the emblems. I bought a pair of them from my dealer to put on my car, but they ruin the flow of my stripes so I didn't put them on the car. And yes, if you remove the emblems they will leave 2 or 3 holes in your fenders. You can just buy new fenders though if you do not like the look of the emblems.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:28 AM
coolasice

Hey all...decided to ressurect this thread cause it's been about a year owning the car now. And it still impresses me! Ford's build quality is amazing thus far...all the finishes have held up very well, after a good cleaning the car still looks just off the lot. I do live in canada so i've gone a full winter with the car...which isn't bad. you definitely need to have a winter rim and tire package. I opted to save the cash and not get TPMS sensors for winters...but wish i did (the light is really annoying and not knowing if something is actually wrong with your tires is a little scary). You have to drive with a little more caution as the rear end will break loose if your foot is a little heavy. My only real regret in purchasing is that i wish i got the "grabber blue" colour...as it's super nice and has a good retro feel to it. Perhaps if i upgrade to a 5.0 i'll get that colour

The only thing i've had to change are the oil (i've gone full synthetic) and i had the transmission fluid changed to the dual clutch recommend by the TSB. I was getting what can only be described as "crunchy" shifts early in the morning when the car was cold. Thus far it seems to have corrected the problem. oh i also did have to change a back tire cause i somehow ran over some kinda blade in the parking lot of a home hardware...the TPMS was good enough to inform me of this.

I did have an nice hiccup in ownership over the last month...nothing to do with the car at all...but it got hit by a bus. Yes...my parked car got hit by a bus! At first it was looking like a hit and run...but with some detective work i tracked down the bus and company that owned it and they cut me a cheque for full repair. The damage was purely cosmetic but still it was gonna be $1600 out of my pocket without use of my batman skills. If ppl would like to see horror pics of the damage and the full story i'll post it up.

Also i wanna thank everybody on the forums as i have been trolling all recent posts, i hesitate to post up because i usually have nothing important but i'm really thankful that a community like this exists. Everyday i'm looking at mods...espically after going though the scare of paying $1600 out of pocket for some random dude hitting my car. Still on the mod list is window tint...i also still dream of getting new wheels and tires one day...but I have put down a new sportier suspension as a higher priority. GT500 spoiler would still be on my list of cosmetic mods, as well as some type of double stripe. Special thanks again to "theACE" for providing me with so many links to find parts to drool over. I did buy Husky floor liners for the winter...but that's not really a mod.

I thought posting this up might help new owners or ppl looking into the car know what goes down after owning for a while after the new car smell wears off.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:52 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the board!