Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Lowering Springs questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:29 AM
krussdog46

Default Lowering Springs questions

I have an 07 v6 and was wondering if you guys could help me with some recommendations for lowering springs. I want springs that will lower my car enough but won't require much if any other modifications. How low can I go before I will need to adjust caster, camber, etc.? Also, how low can I go without any tire rub with stock rims and tires? Lastly, how difficult is it to install the springs? Obviously I would need a spring compressor but are there any other specialty tools I would need or should I just take it somewhere to have it lowered? I installed a full 6" lift on my old jeep but have heard that lowering is a lot different. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Lowering Springs questions

Well, anytime you adjust the cars suspension you should get an alignment afterwards.. it just makes sense..

Most people are fond of the Eibach Pro Kit, though I myself have the Eibach Sportline kit. The prokit has a decent drop, but nothing as huge as the sportline (2").

There are tons of options, but ultimately, you should go with what you want, there are Roush, Steeda, Eibach, etc.. those are the most popular, though they aren't the only kinds.

I lowered mine 2" and kept the stock shocks and have not had to add anything else to my setup, ie: camber kit, etc.

If you have the money, shocks are also a good thing to have with the springs.
If you think you can handle it, you can rent a spring compressor at someplace like AutoZone.
I think there are How To guides of this install online, but I dont remember where.
I took mine in and paid like 180 for it.. I am happy with it.

Search the forum and you will find more answers.

Good luck.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:14 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fred Malibu

Well, anytime you adjust the cars suspension you should get an alignment afterwards.. it just makes sense..

Most people are fond of the Eibach Pro Kit, though I myself have the Eibach Sportline kit. The prokit has a decent drop, but nothing as huge as the sportline (2").

There are tons of options, but ultimately, you should go with what you want, there are Roush, Steeda, Eibach, etc.. those are the most popular, though they aren't the only kinds.

I lowered mine 2" and kept the stock shocks and have not had to add anything else to my setup, ie: camber kit, etc.

If you have the money, shocks are also a good thing to have with the springs.
If you think you can handle it, you can rent a spring compressor at someplace like AutoZone.
I think there are How To guides of this install online, but I dont remember where.
I took mine in and paid like 180 for it.. I am happy with it.

Search the forum and you will find more answers.

Good luck.
With a 2" drop you really should check your pinion angle.Odds are it will require adjustment.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

..I forgot to add that you need an adjustable panhard bar..

but other than that, I'm still in factory specs.. so they say.