Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Lowering question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 06:46 PM
zukowner

Default Lowering question

Hey, guys finally sold My SUV and got my stang. and mods have began. I am looking to do a set of Raceline GT wheels 255/35/20 up front, and 275/35/20 out rear. I am also gonna do cervinis body kit. I have read of ground clearance issues with the kit. So my questions are?????
1. Lower the rear and not the front?
2. Lower the front 3/4 inch and rear 1inch
3.Which kit would enable me to do the 3/4 front 1inch rear
4.Am I gonna have to adjust the camber
Old 03-31-2008, 06:24 AM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Lowering question

REprint from another question but it fits here.

I am not sure about the HP part of the side exhaust because I didn't have it on a dyno before but the guy who did the tune said my numbers were higher than most of the stock (with CAI) automatics. If you have any ground clearence issues in your driving routes, then I am not sure these will be for you. The parts you get are two mufflers , two pipes bent almost like a question mark and 2 tips. they all fit together pretty well, and the hangers mount exactly where bolts just screw in. you have a bumber assy. thats got to be the biggest piece of this puzzle. it s fittment was very good. I had a problem running the frpp springs so I had to switch to the steeda springs. I have bump them loose a couple times. Even took it to a muffler shop to see ifI could get it tucked in/up better. no go it is already hitting the frame.I welded skid plates to the underside of the mufflers. I still scrub the ground on bad back country roads or gas station s were the fill caps off. This is the biggest pain in the ***. I am not sure if would do it again if given the chance. On the good side it looks good and sounds great. the parts are top notch but I worry what will happed when I knock the pipes out from under it.
if you need some pics look at my cardomain.com site look for YBNormal-GT

good luck hope this helps some one
As far as parts go cervinies parts were very good fitment and they took the paint great. I am not a big fan of the double sided tape and would make sure I had rivets,screws or something else to hold parts on . I did not put the side scoops because they just tape on and catch air. no peice blocking the air, they just cup the air. my opinion only though.