Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

smashed another 96' Z28...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 06:49 AM
Mysterious
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: smashed another 96' Z28...

Man screw all that Car and Driver/Road and Track timeslip crap. Sorry Si, but those guys cant race. HOTROD uses "corrected" times so thier junk dont look so slow, unless they actually get it running right. Magazines suck for times. MM&FF get some good times, but theyalso make me wonder because they get REALLY good times.

90Stang if you need N2O to beat an LT1, well do you have any $$ and do you want to go faster N/A? 5.0's can run, but the flash doesnt help much at all. Air in, air out. Its that simple. Want some realistic ideas that even a high school kid can afford over time? Just ask..
Old 08-22-2004, 12:02 PM
96SilverLT1
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90Mustangfan

The camaro was a LT1, stock ones run High 13 to 14.3. LT1's arent good engines. I believe in 96' Z28 will run low 14's.

anyone who knows me on this bored knows that I am rational and a calm person who doesn;t start problems. But you are being foolish. your personal opinion of an engine doesn;t make it a bad engine. if you actualy knew anything about an LT1 maybe we could battle back some pros and cons about them. But you know what? I don't think that you would listen to them. You want proof?

think about it. The 05 gt's are suposed to be a high 13 low 14 second car right? just like the stock LT1's. so finaly after the LT1 hasn't been made for 7 friggin years there will finaly be a gt that will run with it stock/stock. your right, the LT1 must be bad. yeah. must be. since a 93 well maintained stock LT1 can run with a brand new 05 GT off the showroom floor.

Have a nice day and enjoy your sunday
Old 08-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Stinger
4th Gear Member

96 LT1 Is correct !!! But you forgot 1 thing 96 we drive stangs hehehehe!! You have a awsome amd blessed Sunday.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:16 AM
90Mustangfan
I ♥ Acer

Ok lets clear this up, in my opinoin, the rivials between mustang and camaro's. Im not down talking on the camaros, there good cars, if you like them. I dont really car for them.
For as many times as a mustang looses, they win just as many times. they equal out.Mustang vs. camaro...they both have there good engines, they both have there pro's and con's.
To clear it up I beat the a stock camaro,with my MODIFIED mustang.nuff said.
And the 05' mustangs will run low 13 from car and driver, not to mention the 05' 550hp cobra...I think it will be more than par with a 02' camaro SS, I know alot about the Lt1, and LS1, there are both good engines. I just think for its size it should be faster. an 03' cobra would smoke a 02' camaro SS,thats a DOHC4.6 Vs. a 5.7 LS1, the smaller engine will woop a big engine.Im not saying thats true for all years but they both have pro's and con's, I wont lie the LS1 engine is awsome,it gets good millage,has tons of HP/TQ, is very light and powerful. Its a good engine.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:26 AM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Who said the '05 is going low 13's? When did they produce a 550hp Cobra? The new Cobra is blown and it doesn't outrun the 5.7L LS6. I forget the exact number, but the blower on the Cobra is around 1.5L, which means it is actually like the motor is displacing more.

You must have lived under a rock since ol about '93 if you think a GT is anywhere near par with a corresponding year f-body.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:28 AM

ORIGINAL: 90Mustangfan

Ok lets clear this up, in my opinoin, the rivials between mustang and camaro's. Im not down talking on the camaros, there good cars, if you like them. I dont really car for them.
For as many times as a mustang looses, they win just as many times. they equal out.Mustang vs. camaro...they both have there good engines, they both have there pro's and con's.
And the 05' mustangs will run low 13 from car and driver, not to mention the 05' 550hp cobra...I think it will be more than par with a 02' camaro SS, I know alot about the Lt1, and LS1, there are both good engines. I just think for its size it should be faster. an 03' cobra would smoke a 02' camaro SS,thats a DOHC4.6 Vs. a 5.7 LS1, the smaller engine will woop a big engine.Im not saying thats true for all years but they both have pro's and con's, I wont lie the LS1 engine is awsome,it gets good millage,has tons of HP/TQ, is very light and powerful. Its a good engine.
Ok you're missing key points in your arguement here... not to mention you're contradicting yourself.

Yup, nuff said. but you still bragged on it.

I know alot about the Lt1, and LS1, there are both good engines.
Last page it was a POS though??? make up your damn mind.

an 03' cobra would smoke a 02' camaro SS,thats a DOHC4.6 Vs. a 5.7 LS1
Can ANYONE ELSE figure out what I'm about to say about this? Thats right. The 4.6 DOHC needs forced induction to beat the Naturally aspirated 5.7 LS1. Put a 150 shot of nitrous on that LS1 SS, or an SC of it's own and it'll walk all over the Cobra. Ford doesn't seem to want to go with a 351 in it's top end sports car from the factory, so it sort of... well... cheated. threw in an iron block, forged pistons and slapped a blower on the intake.

Old 08-23-2004, 12:32 AM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Damn, you're still alive? I thought you died after you missed the thread in the video forum...even had your name in it and all. Teh win.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:34 AM

i haven't been in the vid forum lately...

going to go check it now.

Old 08-23-2004, 12:35 AM
96SilverLT1
3rd Gear Member

well you seem to change you mind a lot. first it's a bad motor, then a good motor, then they have good and bad motors. So which is it? a low 13 second 05 GT? I doubt it. and 03 cobra smoking an 02SS? no. the 02 can run anywhere from a high 12 to a low 13 STOCK and without the blower like the cobra has. sure the 03 cobra is fast, I got walked by one when I was stock and thats fine, I know I have something more for him this time but explian how very similar times is "smoking" If your going to insist on bashing a car or motor at least have the facts to back it up or just come right out and say that it;s all the ideas thats in your head. Cause it's sure not facts that your saying. If you don't like them fine, thats your deal. But that doesn't make them bad, slow etc etc etc.

Who cares what displacment of a motor is? you can' just say that since a camaro is a 5.7 and a stang is a 4.6 that the camaro should be so much faster just cause of engine size. There are so many contributing factors that go into a motors output. Same reason that the hondas and the V6's are making a much HP as older V8's
Old 08-23-2004, 12:36 AM
Mach1
4th Gear Member

Yes a blown cobra should walk past an ls1 and yes its 1 liter smaller, but why dont you compare the N/a ls1 to the n/a 4.6, liek the mach1.

"I just think for its size it should be faster."

What do you mean? Ls1s put down at least 305 to the wheels. Id say thats pretty impressive, especially with all the smog and noise requirements. First you say theyre junk now you say theyre good engines.

Quick Reply: smashed another 96' Z28...