Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

How long and how hard to install all these parts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 12:08 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Default How long and how hard to install all these parts?

How long do you guys think it would take to install the following? Any tips you can offer? I have never done any of this but the springs. Also anyone have any links to guides for changing this stuff? I think I read the best way to remove the bushings in the control arms are to heat with a torch. Also how hard are balljoints to remove? Do I need to do them with the control arms on the car? Can I just rent some type of press and press them out and back in? Which direction do they press out and in? Thanks a ton in advance!

MM CC plates
Pro-Thane control arms bushings for front
outter tie rod rends
lower ball joints
h&r ss springs
Old 09-21-2012, 03:23 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 01MGGT
How long do you guys think it would take to install the following? Any tips you can offer? I have never done any of this but the springs. Also anyone have any links to guides for changing this stuff? I think I read the best way to remove the bushings in the control arms are to heat with a torch. Also how hard are balljoints to remove? Do I need to do them with the control arms on the car? Can I just rent some type of press and press them out and back in? Which direction do they press out and in? Thanks a ton in advance!

MM CC plates
Pro-Thane control arms bushings for front
outter tie rod rends
lower ball joints
h&r ss springs
I could do everything on that list in two hours on jackstands with hand tools... EXCEPT for the a-arm bushings and ball joints. Better pack your lunch for that job, cause it's a pain. I might be lazy, but I'd upgrade the LCAs before I'd replace the a-arm bushings. I did that job once. Won't do it again.