SVT Forums

New plans!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:45 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blownsvt
Parent funded racing FTW!!!!!!!!!
lmfao i love you BlownSVT in a non gay way.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Fobra
Banned

well aside from the most likely practical reality that you will loose a/c and most electronic goodies, how do you intend to make the 3.4 whipple fit the lsx? Is there a manifold for that?

I am right there with you my friend, however, you have alot invested in your current setup and doing this will completely change the nature of your car and your going to have to replace everything. I assume your running an a1000 and that probably wont cut it, all I am saying is that you may want to keep your car the way it is and buy another for such a drastic project.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Fobra
Banned

im looking on the site, what is the biggest blower you can fit on a lsx? I see they have a W305AX, if that would fit, that would be hardcore.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:19 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Fobra i was thinking the same thing about buying another car, but the thing is he blew up his car, whoduathunk racing on a break-in tune was a bad idea.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Fobra
Banned

haha... that sucks. But looking at his costs and the gain he could see using the same blower setup, its not worth it, it still wont get him on pump gas to hit those max numbers because the blower is going to have to work so hard, seems to me that billet internals, the same setup and 200 shot or so would accomplish the same goal and be majorly cheaper
Old 03-03-2009, 01:39 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

cheap? this is MFJ he turns his cars used oil into gold!
Old 03-03-2009, 03:12 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
lmfao i love you BlownSVT in a non gay way.
orly? why is that?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:34 PM
mfj
Banned

Parent funded racing FTW!!!!!!!!!
Nice assumption... Unfortunately, to fund this project, I got rid of my GTP project that I was working on in my garage. It was ported eaton, intercooled, cammed 3.8L with ported heads with valves and springs... That was MY own project car, as I did all the work on it myself, minus the machine work to the heads. Other than that, I am just getting rid of the 4v stuff from the cobra with other miscellaneous things. That money, put together with $4 grand I had saved up, just in case something broke, is what is funding this project.

For the record, I have a 35hr/week job, and I am a full time ASU student (WP Carey School of Accounting), and I also own some stock in several companies (majority in Verizon)...

But thanks for the shallow assumption that everything is funded by my mother. (Deceased father)...
Old 03-03-2009, 02:46 PM
mfj
Banned

Originally Posted by Fobra
well aside from the most likely practical reality that you will loose a/c and most electronic goodies, how do you intend to make the 3.4 whipple fit the lsx? Is there a manifold for that?

I am right there with you my friend, however, you have alot invested in your current setup and doing this will completely change the nature of your car and your going to have to replace everything. I assume your running an a1000 and that probably wont cut it, all I am saying is that you may want to keep your car the way it is and buy another for such a drastic project.
As mentioned before, Nelson Performance, makes custom wiring harnesses so I can even use my stock cluster. This will all be connected to a GM computer (contrary to what I said about running a FAST EFI). And Yes, for now, there will be NO AC. I also mentioned that I am pretty much transforming my car into a race car, not a weekend warrior. Yes, whipple makes a lower manifold for the lsx engines, however it will need to be slightly modified to fit the 3.4 in a way that all the pullies will line up.
I am running dual walbro 255's with a KB Boostapump. That fuel system is more than enough to support 1000rwhp...

Originally Posted by Fobra
im looking on the site, what is the biggest blower you can fit on a lsx? I see they have a W305AX, if that would fit, that would be hardcore.
I am using the 3.4L whipple... The W305ax has a minimum boost level of like 30lbs, on a 427 engine...
Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
Fobra i was thinking the same thing about buying another car, but the thing is he blew up his car, whoduathunk racing on a break-in tune was a bad idea.
You are a naive little kid that likes to pretend he knows what he is talking about! The motor was already broken in when I raced. I was simply on a break in tune, meaning that I was running rich, and very little timing. That is called a SAFE tune! Racing on this tune (10.6 afr, 12 degrees of timing
) is a lot less stressful than racing on a real tune (11.8 afr, 16 degrees of timing), so what you said makes no sense, in the slightest... Your short sightedness is getting real annoying, as I already explained why this motor failed. It has NOTHING to do with the tune, and NOTHING to do with how the engine was built. It is due to the fact that one of the pcv lines came off, during the race, causing the MAF to incorrectly read the amount of air going into my engine, which caused the injectors to not fire enough fuel, which caused an extreme lean condition, which led to detonation and piston failure. Got it?

Now I fully expect you to come back with another one of your RETARDED responses of how I paid a shop so much money, because I couldn't do anything myself, or something of that sort. I expect nothing better from you, so go ahead.
orly? why is that?
Didn't you hear? Once you cross the 700 rwhp threshold, you're entitled to an unlimited amount of NUTSWINGERS! Haha!

Last edited by mfj; 03-03-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfj
Nice assumption... Unfortunately, to fund this project, I got rid of my GTP project that I was working on in my garage. It was ported eaton, intercooled, cammed 3.8L with ported heads with valves and springs... That was MY own project car, as I did all the work on it myself, minus the machine work to the heads. Other than that, I am just getting rid of the 4v stuff from the cobra with other miscellaneous things. That money, put together with $4 grand I had saved up, just in case something broke, is what is funding this project.

For the record, I have a 35hr/week job, and I am a full time ASU student (WP Carey School of Accounting), and I also own some stock in several companies (majority in Verizon)...

But thanks for the shallow assumption that everything is funded by my mother. (Deceased father)...
It was a joke man. don't take it so seriously. on a side not sorry to hear about your dad.

Quick Reply: New plans!