SVT Forums

Compound Boost Setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 03:17 PM
DarkDigital
2nd Gear Member

Default Compound Boost Setup

So I have a setup I've been tooling around with and it's almost on its finished stages so I figured I'd share a little bit.

Most of the mods are in my sig.

I also made a video of the car tooling around the streets today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbn46fpOERQ
Old 08-04-2009, 03:52 PM
hot sauce
2nd Gear Member

sweet setup what are your numbers?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:04 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

very cool, something out of the ordinanary, hard to see your sig is that the hellion kit or something you rigged up yourself?

you should port that eaton.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:02 PM
mfj
Banned

I'm not a fan of compound boost at all, but UNIQUE, nonetheless...
Old 08-04-2009, 06:10 PM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

motor pics?
Old 08-04-2009, 06:21 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

im with MFJ on this the time and money spent could been put some where else and got more power and efficiency, its very inefficient. but kudos for something only few people do
Old 08-04-2009, 08:27 PM
DarkDigital
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
very cool, something out of the ordinanary, hard to see your sig is that the hellion kit or something you rigged up yourself?

you should port that eaton.
Something I rigged myself.
Porting the eaton would drop my intake temps and give me some extra power but that doesnt really matter, I have a turbo thats plenty big for that on route.
I want to limit the boost to preserve my internals.
The idea is to make 800rwhp on 93 and 1000rwhp on c16 or similiar.

Originally Posted by MAD SVT
motor pics?
I'll take some new ones in the morning, the ones I have are before a lot of changes.

Originally Posted by P.S.I.cho
im with MFJ on this the time and money spent could been put some where else and got more power and efficiency, its very inefficient. but kudos for something only few people do
It may not be as easy at strapping two 57s to the engine but it gets the power the exact same way.
Theres plenty of ways to skin a cat and power is power, there isnt a turbo setup you can buy that gives you power faster and if I want top end power I just turn up the boost or buy a bigger turbo.

Last edited by DarkDigital; 08-04-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:45 PM
mfj
Banned

The eaton will KILL your TOP END... I mean, it took Hellion 42psi of manifold pressure to do what 25-28 psi would do on a nice turbo kit. Efficiency is NON EXISTANT in a compound boost set up. 800rwhp on pump gas is laughable, at best, in a compound set up. I'll believe it when I see it.

Vitoman is pretty well known. He had been running a Hellraiser kit on his car, and then he got smart and removed the eaton, and started making some REAL POWER...

Also, good luck on keeping your heads from lifting, once you surpass the 1000 rwhp on the compound set up...
Old 08-04-2009, 08:52 PM
mfj
Banned

Just for good measure, study this dyno graph, of the hell raiser car @ 42 psi:

Notice how at about 5500 rpms (120mph) the power PLUMMETS! Even though the boost pressure is steadily increasing. That should tell you VOLUMES about how inefficient compound boost is...
Old 08-04-2009, 10:11 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkDigital
Something I rigged myself.
Porting the eaton would drop my intake temps and give me some extra power but that doesnt really matter, I have a turbo thats plenty big for that on route.
I want to limit the boost to preserve my internals.
The idea is to make 800rwhp on 93 and 1000rwhp on c16 or similiar.

I'll take some new ones in the morning, the ones I have are before a lot of changes.

It may not be as easy at strapping two 57s to the engine but it gets the power the exact same way.
Theres plenty of ways to skin a cat and power is power, there isnt a turbo setup you can buy that gives you power faster and if I want top end power I just turn up the boost or buy a bigger turbo.

never said u wouldnt make power dont get me wrong they can make power, but where do u want your power, you want a nice torque curve with usable power or do u want something thats all over the graph?

Quick Reply: Compound Boost Setup