SVT Forums

help!!!!!!!! won't start

Old 12-01-2011, 09:56 PM
brokencobra

Default help!!!!!!!! won't start

I have searched the internet far and wide for the answer to my problem. found something but no exacts. first some background information: so last night i was driving around slid around a long right turn, i meant to, fish tailed got back straight. got to my destination sat there for a minute and the car dies. so i start it back up. fires right up just like normal, however still sitting there it dies soon after. i left it off for a moment untill i was ready to leave. started it up fired right up just like normal. on my way back home it was as if i hit the brakes real hard and let off real quick. did that twice. got home all is well. went to start it this morning it started like normal but died soon after it was running. went to start it again there is a clicking coming from what i have found to be the CCRM also the check engine light is on and flashing very quickly, as well as the theft light. the clicking sometimes stops and lets me start the car but then it dies and starts clicking again. nothing appears to be loose. any and all help would be awesome. i will say 23 hailmary's for your help.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:41 AM
redneck racer
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like a fuse or ground problem. Check all of the fuses first to make sure none look funny, something may have blown during the slide since it wasnt exactly normal driving. If none of them are blown/ odd looking i would unhook the battery for a while and check every single ground that may be involved with anything power wise for the motor. Take them all off and clean the area well and tighten them good. The clicking most likely is caused because its not getting the correct voltage. Also have you had the battery tested lately? Its a long shot but it may be worth it to take it out and drive it to the parts store to get it tested.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:41 PM
brokencobra

New finding. Went out in the snow to check the grounds. Everything seems to be connected appropriately. however I went and turned the key the the on position and a clicking and flashing continued. I then looked for anything that changed maybe sparked from the bad ground. Negative on that. But the clicking stopped randomly. So I went and tried to start it. It fired right up however the theft light was flashing and then it died. Tried to start it again fired right up. No flashing this time but died soon after. So I tried again but this time once I started it I tried to keep it alive with the throttle. Died as soon as I hit it. Did that twice. So my question is would a bad fuel pump cause these type of symptoms?
Old 12-03-2011, 05:59 PM
redneck racer
2nd Gear Member

Is it sputtering out or just dieing? I wouldnt think it was the fuel pump since it is and has been trying to start. Im thinking its something electrical not letting everything function as it should together. Only takes 1 little fuse or wire to mess up cars these days with everything running off everything else.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:15 PM
brokencobra

It just dies. And the clicking.g has stopped. I can't remember when the last time I put fuel in it. My gauge says I have some but could I have water or something in my tank stopping the fuel from getting to the motor?
Old 12-04-2011, 08:44 PM
redneck racer
2nd Gear Member

Bad gas could be a issue also, how long has it been sitting? Im sure draining the tank, and changing the plugs wouldnt hurt the chances of it running even if it isnt the problem.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:11 AM
brokencobra

So I go out added some of that heet. Tried to fire it up and it started and stayed running. I went on a drive and it is running great. I don't know what I did differently but I won't complain. Thanks for your help man.