Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

how hard is it to steel our Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 03:02 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: how hard is it to steel our Mustang?

It takes a thief!! Awesome SHOW!!

Anyways I was sitting in my passenger seat and i locked the door with the keys (not thinking about an alarm) and then i moved to the other seat and right when my butt got off the seat the alarm went off!!

I also have a conv. and i never leave the top down unless i know i can see the car and be quick. Even when im at my house, i dont like to leave it down. I would not suggest leaving it down!
Old 05-15-2006, 03:53 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

I think it cost 500$ at the dealership, but I got them to through it in for free under some promotion they were having.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:05 PM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

When I was in college we lived just outside a pretty shady neighborhood so a few of my friends had gotten their cars stolen. What I noticed was:

a) of the 3 times, they were all "smash the window/pry open the ignition with a screwdriver/go on a joyride" type of car thefts.

b) they were all older, less noticable types cars that were stolen (LeBaron, dodge shadow, an old black jeep)

c) all of them had zero theft deterrents

I figure just because james bond can break into your car with a titanium laser swiss army knife doesn't mean youre screwed for sure. Doing a few little things to scare off the dumb oaf ameteurs would reduce your chances more than anything. I would think my lime green mustang is going to be much easier to spot joyriding around the streets than a gray '95 camry. I'm more worried about the stuff inside my car being taken than the entire thing going for a ride.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:23 PM
QuickSilver4.0L
1st Gear Member

I found out how well my motion sensor worked when my alarm went off about 11pm one night. Went outside scared of what I was gonna see but nothing smashed or gone. Looked further and realized my radar detector had fallen off the windshield. Hey at least I know it works, and it has a light that says SECURITY EVENT HAS OCCURED if you weren't near it when it went off.

Also, 'bout leaving the top down. I've done it twice for less than a couple of minutes to run into Target were my wife works and both times some idiot child threw a food item into the driver's seat.[:@]
Old 05-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Because I have my car at car shows - which are not always in the best of places, I added additional structure to the "Active" alarm function of my stang.

I added the UNGO Security System and Remote start.

So... as well as doing what the standard active alarm does...
- A second actual alarm horn... loud as hell too .. (Factory just uses your car horn).
- Will go off if somenone bumps my car - and it "tuneable".. mine will go off if someone door dings me.
- Assigns new security codes every time you use the remote (to foil code grabbers / remote clone hacks).
- Extends the range of my remotes to 1,000 feet.
- A little LCD remote you carry that will inform you if/when the alarm is set off and why.

In addition to that - I had a "Kill Switch" installed, which disables the ignition - and I was very creative on where I put it.

Now - this won't stop someone from hooking on with a tow truck - but they will be leaving with a very noisy car!

Except at car shows - I never leave my car completely unattended with the top down! At car shows I never walk out of sight of my car if the top is down.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:41 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

Mobile Guardian will page me/send a text message to my cell/email me to notify me that my alarm has gone off. I know it's a little over the top, but I want to keep this car. I don't have a problem with cars being stolen in my neighborhood and I've never had a car stolen, but there's always a first time.