Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2 questions = Convertible stripes? & muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:35 PM
MUSThaveastANG

Default 2 questions = Convertible stripes? & muffler

Hey folks,

Got 2 questions. My wife bought her car ('05 convertible) a couple of years ago. We will have it paid off in about a year, and are leaning towards selling it and possibly buying a GT. My questionsare these.

1) She still wants to put some stripes on the car. How do they look on a convertible? Any pics? Her car is white with a black top and she wants black stripes. Further, we were really thinking about having them painted on as opposed to the vinyl. Good/bad idea if looking to resell? Anybody know the approx. difference in cost between having them painted onversus the cost of vinyl (I'm looking for the vinyl that goes over the grille and not the kits that stop at the hood). Good place to buy the kits?

2) She also had some kind of low flow exhaust put on when she bought it because she wanted it to soundtougher than the stock did. To be honest, it'snot better.When I'm on the freeway doing 70+, ittends to make my ears bleed and I uncontrollably pee myself between bouts of sobbing. Probably wasn't the best purchase for a convertible that sees the freeway a lot. Anyways, any suggestions as to a muffler that will still have a better sound than the stock, but not the horrible drone unbearable in the convertible?

Thanks for the read folks, and any help is appreciated.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:35 PM
JimC

Default RE: 2 questions = Convertible stripes? & muffler

I have a black 06 Pony with white SSShelby Superstripes -- couple of pictures follow -- In the one with the top down I didn't have the piece over the windshield done yet, and in the top up with Roush scoop you can see the over windshield piece is installed.

These are vinyl. I priced out getting them painted and clear coated and have been quoted from $1,400 to $2,500 by different body shops.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:00 PM
MUSThaveastANG

Hey Jim, thanks for the pics... Where did you buy them from? Price, if you don't mind me asking? Did you install them yourself? Fairly easy?

Michigan, eh? I live near Big Rapids... Is that the Windsor bridge? Thanks again for the reply & pics.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:43 AM
JimC

ORIGINAL: MUSThaveastANG

Hey Jim, thanks for the pics... Where did you buy them from? Price, if you don't mind me asking? Did you install them yourself? Fairly easy?

Michigan, eh? I live near Big Rapids... Is that the Windsor bridge? Thanks again for the reply & pics.
I bought them from Baltimore Street Mods, and I don't recall the price now (from the web site looks like it must have been around $125).
http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/Superstripe.htm
http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/05stanggraph.htm

I had them installed by a local shop and he said that the hood was the most difficult he has done. Another member here (mlcrycc) has the same stripe and did the full install himself on his coupe, andcan tell you more about the install. I only did the over the windshield piece. If you are patient and take time though it can be a self install. I was going out of town so it made sense to let the professional have the car for the weekend.

That's the Blue Water Bridges in the pictures -- link from Port Huron to Sarnia, Ontario. I used to live in Mt. Pleasant (went to school at CMU and then worked for the state as the labor relations director at the state hospital and had a law office in town there as well) and am very familiar with Big Rapids; went to a couple of hockey games at Ferris.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:13 AM
MUSThaveastANG

Jim,
Truly appreciate the info. Patience is not a virtue of mine, so I'll likely just pay someone to install it. I'll check the site you provided.

Yes, my wife went to Central too before transferring to Ferris for Pharmacy school. I generally only go to the games there to watch Michigan Thanks again Jim have a good week.

Zack