Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

transmission light?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:39 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

Default transmission light?

do we have those? i think mine just came on. if it did....the ****
but my car was driving normally......
ha this sucks.....
Old 11-02-2007, 12:47 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Default RE: transmission light?

Use your tuner to see what it is.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:07 PM
2stangers

No, I don't think there is a transmission light... Does the light look like the steering wheel with an exclamation point in the middle located next to the check engine light? If so, I had the same problem... Easy fix if it's the same light- Put air in the tires... My 07 v6 manuel tranny has the sensors on the axles... The sensors are either in the tire or on the axles... I was doing donuts in a field with some friends and my light came on. Called the dealership where I bought it and they told me what it was. Then I told them I was buying custom 20" rims from American Racing, and that's when I found out where the sensors where... Dealership wanted $100 a rim to put the sensors in each rim... HA... Mine are onthe axles... Rim shop told me that.. Rim shopwanted $20 a rim to exchange the sensors if they were in the rim. Lucky me... GoodLuck
Old 11-02-2007, 06:07 PM
2stangers

No, I don't think there is a transmission light... Does the light look like the steering wheel with an exclamation point in the middle located next to the check engine light? If so, I had the same problem... Easy fix if it's the same light- Put air in the tires... My 07 v6 manuel tranny has the sensors on the axles... The sensors are either in the tire or on the axles... I was doing donuts in a field with some friends and my light came on. Called the dealership where I bought it and they told me what it was. Then I told them I was buying custom 20" rims from American Racing, and that's when I found out where the sensors where... Dealership wanted $100 a rim to put the sensors in each rim... HA... Mine are onthe axles... Rim shop told me that.. Rim shopwanted $20 a rim to exchange the sensors if they were in the rim. Lucky me... GoodLuck
Old 11-03-2007, 05:55 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

You are so so so wrong there. The ONLY place 2007 mustangs, or any car for that matter,thathave TPMS sensors are mounted to the rim inside the tire. They are on a big clamp, looks like a big water clamp. There is a issue with these loosing up and spinning on the rim. The ONLY other place TPMS sensore are located on ANY vehicle is on the end of a valve stems. Still inside the tire my friend. How could one on the axle check air pressure? HAHA TPMS is a goverment standard item on 2008 and up vehicles, all brands. Oh and dont try to argue since I just receievedtraining on TPMS, and have the resest tools and torque tools for them so I might know what I am talking about here.

To the OP: Explain what the light your talking about looks like, no we donthave a tranny light but we do have a limp home mode which is a little wrench light. GOOD LUCK
Old 11-03-2007, 12:41 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

it honestly look like a littly tranny. ill get a pic tonight