Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

new bullitt mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: new bullitt mustang?

i wonder what the driver felt driving around frisco in that manual for that photo shoot. sticks and frisco streets don't mix. its a B*TCH!!............why all the bitterness 8cd03gro? i understand your point but whats been happening with these special edition stangs is a common thing in a lot of things these days. i'm sure GM could have been more creative also when they produced that GTO. sure they stuck a big engine in there but the body is crap and the whole car would be crap if it wasnt for its internals. at least this bullit isnt based off an aussie car. better creativity could have been used here also. at least ford was the first to get back to its styling roots and the other big 2 seem to be following suit. ford has got something thats working and they are just going with it. internal improvement on the stang is surely on its way. i believe it is anyway.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 157db

2008 Bullitt Mustang is a total fraud

https://mustangforums.com/m_4155210/tm.htm

posted in the 4.6 section
how can it be a fraud when Ford owns the original design in a licensing agreement with the movie co ? It's a Bullitt, nothing else. A trim package with a small performance upgrade. It is what it is, if you hate it, don't buy it. But you can't call it a fraud. Just like you can't call A Monte Carlo SS a fraud.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:47 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

i wonder what the driver felt driving around frisco in that manual for that photo shoot. sticks and frisco streets don't mix. its a B*TCH!!............why all the bitterness 8cd03gro? i understand your point but whats been happening with these special edition stangs is a common thing in a lot of things these days. i'm sure GM could have been more creative also when they produced that GTO. sure they stuck a big engine in there but the body is crap and the whole car would be crap if it wasnt for its internals. at least this bullit isnt based off an aussie car. better creativity could have been used here also. at least ford was the first to get back to its styling roots and the other big 2 seem to be following suit. ford has got something thats working and they are just going with it. internal improvement on the stang is surely on its way. i believe it is anyway.
im bitter because i see people posting stuff like "this is a fraud" or the gto should not be called a gto! (not necessarily what you said, just an example that came to mind from your post.) Think about it the way i see it-

the first bullitt was a modded gt-390, back when the big three had more powertrain options in one car than pretty much all ford vehicles now. The muscle car era wasn't 50 different performance cars it was like 6 with alot of different powertrain options, keep that in mind. The base mustangs in 67 came with 4-5 different engine options i beleive....then the gt390 was the next step up from there, then there was the gt500....so people complained about the gt500 when it came out because it wasn't a big block it was only a blown 5.4L making 500hp...what a piece of junk right? I mean we should just keep the same technology we used in the 60's, thats the way to keep up with the competition! The power difference between the 390 and the top dawg of the 289's was less than 40hp, with a completely different, much larger engine...So the new one has an increase of 20hp, exclusive exterior details, better suspension, tires, brakes....so whats the problem here, its very different from a stock gt, its just ford finally realized that power isn't everything and that many people would rather have an increase in all around performance than just a big bump in power with nothing else touched. nothing wrong with that at all. Do you guys realize the FIRST bullitt mustangs produced were new edge gt's, not 67 gt390's...that was just the car in the movie. Ford adapted the name and modified the car they thought differed itself from the base car similarly to the amount the gt390 did back in the day...what the hell are you calling this a fraud compared to? As for the gto, "they stuck a big engine in there, but the body is crap"? have you driven a gto? VERY nice interior, smooth ride. looks don't catch the eye of most, but keep in mind

GTO

Le Mans

that is EXACTLY what the original gto was...a big *** engine in a mediocre car looking car. That is what muscle cars were.

im just sick of people complaining about everything lately. What the hell do you guys expect, gt500 performance out of a 20,000 dollar car with a hot blonde chick that comes out and gives you some fun while you drive at no extra charge?

i apologize if any of you think i am being an *******, but seriously guys some of you have absolutely no basis for calling this car a fraud.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

im bitter because i see people posting stuff like "this is a fraud" or the gto should not be called a gto! (not necessarily what you said, just an example that came to mind from your post.) Think about it the way i see it-

the first bullitt was a modded gt-390, back when the big three had more powertrain options in one car than pretty much all ford vehicles now. The muscle car era wasn't 50 different performance cars it was like 6 with alot of different powertrain options, keep that in mind. The base mustangs in 67 came with 4-5 different engine options i beleive....then the gt390 was the next step up from there, then there was the gt500....so people complained about the gt500 when it came out because it wasn't a big block it was only a blown 5.4L making 500hp...what a piece of junk right? I mean we should just keep the same technology we used in the 60's, thats the way to keep up with the competition! The power difference between the 390 and the top dawg of the 289's was less than 40hp, with a completely different, much larger engine...So the new one has an increase of 20hp, exclusive exterior details, better suspension, tires, brakes....so whats the problem here, its very different from a stock gt, its just ford finally realized that power isn't everything and that many people would rather have an increase in all around performance than just a big bump in power with nothing else touched. nothing wrong with that at all. Do you guys realize the FIRST bullitt mustangs produced were new edge gt's, not 67 gt390's...that was just the car in the movie. Ford adapted the name and modified the car they thought differed itself from the base car similarly to the amount the gt390 did back in the day...what the hell are you calling this a fraud compared to? As for the gto, "they stuck a big engine in there, but the body is crap"? have you driven a gto? VERY nice interior, smooth ride. looks don't catch the eye of most, but keep in mind

GTO

Le Mans

that is EXACTLY what the original gto was...a big *** engine in a mediocre car looking car. That is what muscle cars were.

im just sick of people complaining about everything lately. What the hell do you guys expect, gt500 performance out of a 20,000 dollar car with a hot blonde chick that comes out and gives you some fun while you drive at no extra charge?

i apologize if any of you think i am being an *******, but seriously guys some of you have absolutely no basis for calling this car a fraud.
haha.....my bad. from your previous post, i thought you were bitter at the new bullit but it seems you are at least accepting of it. i'm accepting of what ford is doing with the s197 cuz it just might be the company's savior. time will tell though.....as for the GTO, my comments are no offense to your liking of it. they just never should have given it the GTO name. should have been an original design, not a run-off from another existing car.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:35 AM
blackstang14
2nd Gear Member

That makes sense now. thanks for the clarification! or maybe I am just not as tired, lol.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:14 AM
06roushv6
2nd Gear Member

MMmm,. i have always loved that color. bullit is one of my all-time favorite movies, my dad (has a 66) and i LOVE watching it all the time!! (which led to my addiction to mustangs) haha