Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just wondering: N/A?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default Just wondering: N/A?

Just wondering, because I know you guys know a lot of inside information on things, is there any other n/a bolt-ons I'm missing from the listor ones coming out in the next few months I don't know about, Thanks ahead!:
-CAI/Tuner
-Duals/single hi-flow muffler
-headers
-udp
-Gears/t-lok
-Aluminum Driveshaft
-Screaming Demon coil and livewires
-throttle body
-P&P heads-by engine shop or purchasedonline and sent to you with your core sent back
-Cam-by engine shop or purchasedonline and sent to you and your core sent back
-Dyno tune
Old 01-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just wondering: N/A?

dont forget about the aluminum driveshaft. i've read VERY good reviews so far on them. performance increase is worth the ~$500. i've added one to my hit list.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thanks! I can't believe I forgot something that I have on my car [&:]
Old 01-15-2008, 01:11 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

-throttle body
I heard this isn't worth the money.

-P&P heads-by engine shop or purchasedonline and sent to you with your core sent back

This is some serious mods to your engine, no doubt this will void your warranty, is the gain worth the cost?
Old 01-15-2008, 01:25 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I would add drag radials to your list. What good is increasing engine performance if you cannot put all that power to the ground and make it stick? I ran 275/50-17 M&H Racemasters (28" dia) all last summer on the street (about 5K miles) and made about a dozen passes with them at the track, and I still have some tread left to start the 2008 race season. Other members really like the Micket Thompson ET Street DR's, but they have a smaller diameter (which may be a plus for certain people).

With DR's, you will need LCA's and maybe a new UCA too.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

I would add drag radials to your list. What good is increasing engine performance if you cannot put all that power to the ground and make it stick? I ran 275/50-17 M&H Racemasters (28" dia) all last summer on the street (about 5K miles) and made about a dozen passes with them at the track, and I still have some tread left to start the 2008 race season. Other members really like the Micket Thompson ET Street DR's, but they have a smaller diameter (which may be a plus for certain people).

With DR's, you will need LCA's and maybe a new UCA too.
yeah, I wasn't sure if I was going to write down non-directpower increasing(besides gear/t-lok)mods. If I was doing that then I would include:
-GT take-off bullits-w/drag radials
-rear upper and lower control arms
-BMR front sway delete/radiator support (weight savings)
-American muscle rear seat delete kit (weight savings)
-Remove trunk carpet/debris and spare tire w/jack (weight savings)
-Possibly lightweight k-member but $500 + install for minimal weight savings isn't the greatest thing compared to all the other options on the market
That's all I know for that, anyone knows any other weight reduction stuff in that area, post it.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

-throttle body
I heard this isn't worth the money.

This is some serious mods to your engine, no doubt this will void your warranty, is the gain worth the cost?
The top 2 boss has, and said they at least made the car run smoother when he had them(screamin Demoncoil and livewires)on. And the throttle body is supposed to give 6/7rwhp untuned and more on f/i cars. People w/the zabteckthrottle body on theircar in recent postssaid they could feel a little more umph with it and boss has it.

Second part, my warranty is already done, but I doubt that ford would be able to tell(visually) if you installed the heads/cam. All you need is a good dyno tune. I don't know if it's possible for ford to check if you've done dyno tunes or reset your computer, but if they can you could always say I had another mechanic look at the car and check the computer before you brought it to them.