Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Irwindale, my fastest times yet 1/8 mile

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:56 PM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

Well clutch isnta problem sin e I am auto

My car mods
Roush cai
Custom dual with hpips and flowmaster
Diablo predator and cutom dyno tune

The bark in the 3rd gear is because of the diablo firm shift setting. I am haveing that gear change slowed just a tad so itdoesnt hit so hard.

If you want to see the dyno sheet look at my post history. I can't copy the link due to on my iphone
Old 11-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lauraspony

My car mods
Roush cai

The bark in the 3rd gear is because of the diablo firm shift setting. I am haveing that gear change slowed just a tad so itdoesnt hit so hard.

If you want to see the dyno sheet look at my post history. I can't copy the link due to on my iphone
I forgot what it's called on my sct, but what's you're shift pressure setting for each gear shift? I think I am at +15% or +20%. I think max is 25%, correct me if I am wrong.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:58 PM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

well the diablo for some reason doesn't have that option anymore, only shift rpm and shift mph. I had read they removed it in an update or something, havent done research on it.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:49 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by melo15fan15
But dont you HAVE to run 93 octane when you use nitrous? Therefore if you had 93 octane in the tank how would one benefit from an 87 tune?

Im new to the whole tune thing, any insight/info would be helpful thanks
89 and up I believe is OK. I wanted the added protection from pinging that the higher octane provided. However there is also an issue with having a safe a/f ratio that a nitrous specific tune compensates for. Oh, I was thinking a shifting issue, forgot you mentioned the bark.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:50 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

My car mods
Roush cai

A little bark is good, as long as you aren't spinning them beyond the quick bark I would leave it as is. Reducing the line pressure means shifts will take longer to complete and that translates into lost et on every shift. Plus added wear on the trans.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:21 PM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

ok wait. I would assume that the bark would be harsher on the transmission and gears? I think the shifts are now pretty fast but not so hard to jerk and bark.

Any friday night races or Saturday ones that I have missed? I know irwindale has a thng that involves road raceing
Old 11-07-2008, 09:14 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

ok wait. I would assume that the bark would be harsher on the transmission and gears? I think the shifts are now pretty fast but not so hard to jerk and bark.

Any friday night races or Saturday ones that I have missed? I know irwindale has a thng that involves road raceing
Soft shifts will cause more wear to the trans in the long term so unless you have a power adder that really is a long term concern. When the tires bark traction is the weakest link, and is the least expensive thing to break:-) If you solve the traction problem, with sticky tires for example, then the next weakest link would move up the break list. Could be the rear or something in the trans but so far it seems our cars can handle being pushed pretty hard without trouble.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:59 AM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

ok thanks. And with no luck for me to find any more racing this weekend. Was going to try and goto a course sat at autoclub but probably can't make it. So who is going to cars and coffee tomorrow.