Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2 questions about the speedometer after gears & t-lok

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 11:34 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Default 2 questions about the speedometer after gears & t-lok

1. When I get my gears and t-lok installed can the shop adjust the speedometer with out me having a SCT? Or do I need to purchase one just for that. I am going to purchase one regardless but it would be nice to now that I have some leeway don't haft to have it right when I get my gears installed. Over here in Aizona they charge about $1000 for parts & labor just for the rear end. The tuner is another $409.00, then just to have it dyno'd you guys are talking about $250 - $350 and hour!!! Seems like its going to be another $800 - $1000 that will be spent on just the tuner and dynoing. Thats a lot of bread man.(should have just saved all this money and bought the Stage 1 procharger pack) hell after I get done with all the mods I want to do the sum will be about $3000 thats a good start on a SC, lol rediculas just to get it barly over 200 HP but whatever. Anyways I just want to know If i can get the speedometer adjusted and then come back in a few weeks and get my car tuned when I got more money. Make sence

2. I cant get an Aviator pic on here for the life of me. lol How do you all do it? When ever I go to download the file it says "may take several minutes if you have a slow network" I've let it sit there for like 30 min before and it still didn't take my pic. Whats up. And how do youget the pictures underneath of what you post also. Dont know why this is so hard.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:36 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2 questions about the speedometer after gears & t-lok

WOW!!! $1000.... [sm=imsorry.gif] But the shop should be able to go in and change it for you just make sure before you get it installed.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:24 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

1. When I get my gears and t-lok installed can the shop adjust the speedometer with out me having a SCT? Or do I need to purchase one just for that. I am going to purchase one regardless but it would be nice to now that I have some leeway don't haft to have it right when I get my gears installed. Over here in Aizona they charge about $1000 for parts & labor just for the rear end. The tuner is another $409.00, then just to have it dyno'd you guys are talking about $250 - $350 and hour!!! Seems like its going to be another $800 - $1000 that will be spent on just the tuner and dynoing. Thats a lot of bread man.(should have just saved all this money and bought the Stage 1 procharger pack) hell after I get done with all the mods I want to do the sum will be about $3000 thats a good start on a SC, lol rediculas just to get it barly over 200 HP but whatever. Anyways I just want to know If i can get the speedometer adjusted and then come back in a few weeks and get my car tuned when I got more money. Make sence

2. I cant get an Aviator pic on here for the life of me. lol How do you all do it? When ever I go to download the file it says "may take several minutes if you have a slow network" I've let it sit there for like 30 min before and it still didn't take my pic. Whats up. And how do youget the pictures underneath of what you post also. Dont know why this is so hard.
You will need to purchase a SCT or Diablo to change the gear ratio, the shop can't do it without it...unless it's a ford dealership. I think they can do it without a tuner.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:05 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

geeze.. that is a lot! I'm really getting a great deal though... about $750 for parts, labor and dyno time.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:24 PM
dinoe254

do i need to get a tuner if i get 4.10 gears and a t-lok?
Old 01-12-2006, 09:52 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dinoe254

do i need to get a tuner if i get 4.10 gears and a t-lok?
Yes, because you are chaning to 4.10 gears. Otherwise your speedo will be off...big time.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:38 PM
dinoe254

thanks, but is there a way to get a one time tune to correct this or do i need to buy a whole tuner?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:02 PM
islandmustang
1st Gear Member

man..that is a lot for installation..you could easily buy the parts for $300 on ebay or other places. Then ask them for just installation.

if i were you, i would just buy a tuner. You sound like a person who likes to fix up their car. Well you talking about superchargers. You wont have to get it dynod. Just go to brenspeed or bamachips or alternative auto. Tell them what you have installed, then they'll hook up the tune with the sct u buy from them. Plus...you'll like a tune with gears.

its just ur preference though...or how much money you want to spend...