Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is a '05 Mustang GT Coupe worth 19K? eBay has 13K regular price for them.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 01:31 PM
discofan
2nd Gear Member

Default Mustang for $18,000

Those rims are GOD awful...

Even if you worked out a deal with the saleman, I wouldn't be caught dead driving a car with those rims...

DAAAAMMMMMM!!!

Just my opinion... Dave
Old 12-29-2010, 03:41 PM
crewxp

lol, I had no idea those rims were that bad. I guess the salesman talked the car up so much, everything seemed good. I did notice what looks like rust behind the rims on the actual wheel, I guess that's normal for an '05 though.

I'm convinced I need to look elsewhere now. I'm looking around online and on forums because the dealers near me are just too high. I'm driving to Houston,TX tomorrow to see if the dealers there can do any better. But I'm convinced they probably wont. (Im sure the dealer will first offer me a price saying its good. But in actuality, itll be too high. Then not sure how to 'negotiate' down. Should I just talk to him like he's crazy? lol. I picture me going on asking 14/15K for that type of mustang, and him kicking me out.

So as of right now, I'm just looking for places to look. I'm even considering ordering from eBay cheap and paying a grand to have it shipped (cant test drive it though :/)

thanks guys. saved me a lot of money.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:54 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

I wouldn't discount eBay Motors entirely... Just got to do your due diligence... I bought my Mustang from a dealer in Florida from there and I offered him a lower price than he had it listed for plus he would split the cost of shipping... I didn't think he would go for it, but alas he did and I got my baby for $18K plus $250 in shipping... Can't get a one way ticket to Daytona Beach (where she was located at the time) for less than that.

Keep looking and you will find the "one".

Don
Old 12-29-2010, 03:57 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crewxp
lol, I had no idea those rims were that bad. I guess the salesman talked the car up so much, everything seemed good. I did notice what looks like rust behind the rims on the actual wheel, I guess that's normal for an '05 though.

I'm convinced I need to look elsewhere now. I'm looking around online and on forums because the dealers near me are just too high. I'm driving to Houston,TX tomorrow to see if the dealers there can do any better. But I'm convinced they probably wont. (Im sure the dealer will first offer me a price saying its good. But in actuality, itll be too high. Then not sure how to 'negotiate' down. Should I just talk to him like he's crazy? lol. I picture me going on asking 14/15K for that type of mustang, and him kicking me out.

So as of right now, I'm just looking for places to look. I'm even considering ordering from eBay cheap and paying a grand to have it shipped (cant test drive it though :/)

thanks guys. saved me a lot of money.

If you want that car......make him an offer you feel comfortable with....dealers always ask a lot more then what they will actually sell the car for......he's hoping you will are hooked on the car and you will be an impulse buyer. Go into the dealer with the intent to buy and state exactly how much your willing to spend. Print out a bunch of other GT's add's that are priced right and put them in his face. If wants to sell the car he will make a fair deal and if not......he's waiting for a young kid that he could sucker into a bad deal. Good luck.

P.S. ask him if he could include the stock rims.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:05 PM
gconnsr
2nd Gear Member

Deleted

Last edited by gconnsr; 12-29-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:56 PM
crewxp

yikes okay. ill give a shot to the dealerships tomorrow. ill let yall know how it goes. the cheapest options i've found so far (since i have yet to try a negotiation with a dealer), is privately sold mustangs. I only have about 10K on hand, so I'm not sure how to pay for the rest when you deal with a private seller. (since you cant go through the dealer's financing,etc.) pay directly to him over months?

anywho...

i actually had someone email me about a 2007 ford mustang gt with 32,500 miles. ($11K). He said he was selling his sons car because 'he had gotten his last ticket so is forced to sell the car'. i'll get a carfax on the vin tomorrow. wonder why he's selling so cheap.... "The stang has a clean title and has not been in an accident. "

pic of it: http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2...t35p5acj34.jpg
Old 12-30-2010, 12:13 AM
crewxp

edit: seems like his vin is a fake. sigh, probably scam.. till tomorrow's dealership luck :P
Old 12-30-2010, 11:53 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

edit: seems like his vin is a fake. sigh, probably scam.. till tomorrow's dealership luck :P
Good luck
Old 12-30-2010, 12:22 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

I'm not sure how to pay for the rest when you deal with a private seller. (since you cant go through the dealer's financing,etc.) pay directly to him over months?
You can always contact your bank or local credit union for a preapproval to cover the balance... Shouldn't be too bad if you put down the $10K cash and finance the balance... Interest rates are low for used at my credit union. You can get 3.99% for 60 months for used with good credit. If you can get preapproval, then it will make it easier for you when you find the one you want. If you aren't a member of a credit union, just walk in to a reputable one in your area and ask what it takes to become a member. I prefer credit unions vs. big banks personally.

Don