Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed or RPM Outlet

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 07:47 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Brenspeed or RPM Outlet

ive bought fro both and i say brenspeed, awesome customer service and prompt shipping,
rpm, horible customer service, and 1 month later i recieve item, after i tried to get my fricken money back
Old 11-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Leighky
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz

ORIGINAL: nothsa

Brenspeed is nice but he charges for tunes everytime you want to change something and in my opinion that is a big no no. If I buy the tuner from you I atleast expect update tunes to be included and not charged like brenspeed does. Get it from bamachips, evolution performance or any of the other speedshops except rpmoutlet. Rpmoutlet sends you the canned tune, they have no dyno on their shop so they can't really make tunes other than the pos ones that come directly from sct. Go with evo or bamachips.
androdz, get your story straight before you say something like that. Brent will update your tune as long as you purchased your CAI from him, if not there's $110 fee to switch to his tunes witch he will update whenever you buy something new from them.

-Jeff
Close buddy of mine got charged 60$ to update his 93 oct tune when he did an upgrade.
Your friend must not have bought the part he needed the upgrade for from Brent. He will charge you $60 to upgrade if you do not buy your new parts from him. However, he does try to work with you and match prices. He is more lenient about charging though if he does not sell the particular part you want.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:24 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

My 2 cents worth to Brenspeed also. Customer servive is the best.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:02 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Leighky

ORIGINAL: nothsa

Brenspeed is nice but he charges for tunes everytime you want to change something and in my opinion that is a big no no. If I buy the tuner from you I atleast expect update tunes to be included and not charged like brenspeed does. Get it from bamachips, evolution performance or any of the other speedshops except rpmoutlet. Rpmoutlet sends you the canned tune, they have no dyno on their shop so they can't really make tunes other than the pos ones that come directly from sct. Go with evo or bamachips.
androdz, get your story straight before you say something like that. Brent will update your tune as long as you purchased your CAI from him, if not there's $110 fee to switch to his tunes witch he will update whenever you buy something new from them.

-Jeff
Close buddy of mine got charged 60$ to update his 93 oct tune when he did an upgrade.
Your friend must not have bought the part he needed the upgrade for from Brent. He will charge you $60 to upgrade if you do not buy your new parts from him. However, he does try to work with you and match prices. He is more lenient about charging though if he does not sell the particular part you want.
As you may already know, brenspeed is awesome and all but his selection is fairly limited. I would want him to add the ccmv delete plates and such.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:16 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Leighky

As you may already know, brenspeed is awesome and all but his selection is fairly limited. I would want him to add the ccmv delete plates and such.
This is mainly because he doesnt sell things he does not personally use or approve of. All of his products he has installed and has great knowledge of how to tune for that object. Which makes buying from him very safe because he has extensive experience working with the products he is selling/tuning for you. JMO, but it makes sense to me. Personally if I was buying anything that Brent didnt sell, it is most likely a larger project and I would want to have it dyno tuned anyways. A dyno tune isnt THAT expensive plus its tailored to your car specifically.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:23 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Riven02

I didnt read all of this so it might have already been mentioned but he will price match when he can.

Yes he does!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

Brenspeed. His customer service and quality assurance rules. I'm just waiting to save my pennies until he gets a call from me.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:54 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

Brenspeed is awesome, Brent rocks. I have had nothing but great service with him. RPM on the other hand I would never do business with again. I love my mustang but I would rather run it off a cliff than give them anymore of my money.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:35 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

+1 on the dyno tune, I think I may buy the turbo kit from him if he gives the upgrade option for a larger turbo. I would like some heads/ccmv and such to be for sale. He is a really stand up guy and I would prefer to buy from him if he had them for sale or if he could get them.

Att. Andrew