Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dyno slips

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: dyno slips

I want to be like you when I grow up until then I'll have to keep looking sloppy in my 2005 Gt. Hugs and Kisses big boy.
ORIGINAL: onefast2002ss

i drive a 2002 ss w 6 speed 3.73 gears,lid,throttle bodie,hooker long tubes headders,punched cats,programing,true dual dual exhaust and slp's ram air mod for my scoop, will dyno shortly but if it beats a 400 hp c-6 vette than i guess a {03} cobra isnt to hard to do and yes i have raced about a dozen 05 gt's and only 2 2003 cobras wanted to race my car......My 87 lx w 351w 40 over has close to 5800 into it and im not even done with the thing yet i have only lost in my mustang to 1 car and that car was a 2001 viper {i will never forget it} so my fastest car i own is a ford so you chevy bashers and bashing the wrong guy. I drive the camaro because it makes almost 30 mpg while the stang goes around 12 mpg tops the 351w is carburated w 750 holley stright 3 inch exhaust to the twin 40 series flows not to mention it is a 79 that i had remanufactured as a roller cam with 11.1 comp w ford gt40 p heads the stang makes close to 480+ hp range and like 500+ tourke..

[IMG]local://upfiles/13642/D9E517EEF9464317B5739CAC1CAC77BA.jpg[/IMG] this is my ss
Old 03-30-2005, 09:35 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

hey now.. I dont swing that way
Old 03-30-2005, 09:58 PM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

have any of you 2005 300hp gt's have a dyno slip to prove this. Im sorry but i have raced about a dozen 05 ponies and all of them lose by at least 3 car lenghts. My ride is a 35th anniv ss camaro with dyno slips of a 358 hp run but the stang weighs less and has 300??Is your 300 at the flywheel or at the wheels, or is it like the 99?{i cant remember year} that was rated 15 hp more than it made?

i drive a 2002 ss w 6 speed 3.73 gears,lid,throttle bodie,hooker long tubes headders,punched cats,programing,true dual dual exhaust and slp's ram air mod for my scoop, will dyno shortly but if it beats a 400 hp c-6 vette than i guess a {03} cobra isnt to hard ...
What a douche, can't even keep his story straight. 50 horsepower would need about 500 less lbs weight to make up the difference.. and thats if a manufacturer were stupid enough to rate the cars power at the wheels. Your car according to your first post makes about 100 more horsepower than the Mustang and you're saying that 200lb weight difference should make it closer than 3 car lengths? I'm sorry that you are such a bad driver a '05 Mustang stayed 3 cars behind a car with 100more horsepower than it. Oh wait nevermind, you haven't actually dynoed yet cause yer doing it shortly.. If you can lie about dynoing your car I guess a {03} cobra isn't hard to lie about either..

And if you get 30mpg in your SS I think some people would start trading in their 4cylinders for V8's they are the real economy cars.. WTF?
Old 03-30-2005, 10:29 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i'm gonna have to call bull**** on the 30mpg also, i had a '96 formula with some SLP aftermarkets that claim to up the MPG and i was very lucky to get 20ish out of it[sm=bs.gif]
Old 03-30-2005, 10:57 PM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

ss- even if all you said is true my car still looks better than yours![8D]
Old 03-30-2005, 11:56 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Hey,

I have a funny WS6 story to tell. We get a new car every year from Pontiac and for the last three years that the WS6 was available we ordered a new one. I ordered the WS6 Ram Air TA with 6-speed and every suspension and engine add-on listed on the order forms from GM. Anyway the first year we ordered a WS6 TA the car we ordered had all kinds of problems with the trans, engine management, rear end, door locks, alarm, interior door locks, power windows etc.. That car rattled and squeeked over every painted line it rolled over. It spent so much time in the shop that we drove a "spare" WS6 TA almost as much as we drove our own TA. In less than a year that thing was ready for the junk heap, most of the major components had been replaced during the 11 months we had it.

We thought the problems with that car were just flukes, we liked driving the beast even though it got horrible mileage and was in the shop so much. The second WS6 TA we ordered was just like the first one but a convertable. Man that thing was squeekier and rattled even more than the first one! This car was used for a puff piece at Pomona for the local LA news channels to build interest for the Winternationals. The car was just breaking in at 1,200 miles on the odo and Frank Hawley who was doing the driving for the news did a few burnouts in the waterbox for the cameras and a few full 1/4 mile runs. This engine completely seized welding itself into a solid block of aluminium a few weeks later. It was so bad that GM hand built a completely new engine (there were no crate engines available), they sent EVERYTHING from the front of the waterpump to the flywheel and complete intake), and shipped it out truck freight to the local dealer for installation. Now this engine once it was broken in was a runner, it had more power then any of the 5 or 6 WS6 TA's we had driven over the three years we ordered them. By this point we figured out that ALL F-bodies are have soft, flexible chassis, this is why they have to make the spring and sway bar rates so high. But I liked the car anyway, where else could we get a 350HP car (granted it did weight 3,800lbs.), and all the free gass you can eat? Hey it's a part of the employment "package" might as well get paid as much as possible

The third car we ordered was the last year the TA's were produced. We ordered a hard top WS6 TA with all the goodies and that one was an OK runner but it was definely down on power compared with most of the WS6 TA's we had drivern. It had a a good trans and shifted like butter but a noisey, winney rear end that clicked and clunked through every turn it took. This one was pretty good for a TA with only minor problems mostly but it also had interior problems and wind leaks that could never be fixed. This car just had minor electrical and interior parts that fell off and windows that didn't seal or go up or down. No big deal we were getting use to owning a GM.

Anyway that's my funny story.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:31 AM
dukenitro
1st Gear Member

I will confirm. I have seen the dyno run done at my dealers in house dyno. The 05 makes 267 rear wheel stock.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:04 AM
05stangawsomecar

[quote]ORIGINAL: onefast2002ss

i drive a 2002 ss w 6 speed 3.73 gears,lid,throttle bodie,hooker long tubes headders,punched cats,programing,true dual dual exhaust and slp's ram air mod for my scoop, will dyno shortly but if it beats a 400 hp c-6 vette than i guess a {03} cobra isnt to hard to do and yes i have raced about a dozen 05 gt's and only 2 2003 cobras wanted to race my car......My 87 lx w 351w 40 over has close to 5800 into it and im not even done with the thing yet i have only lost in my mustang to 1 car and that car was a 2001 viper {i will never forget it} so my fastest car i own is a ford so you chevy bashers and bashing the wrong guy. I drive the camaro because it makes almost 30 mpg

First I would say you sound just like my buddies that both have Camaros, the first thing out of there mouth when they seen my car is how they could beat it. One has a 95, the other has a 2000, both have been modified, neither one has yet to run better then a 13.50et, I just raced a ram air Trans Am and we were neck and neck, my 05 Gt is 100% stock, automatic, I think I could of taken the ***** if we went from a dead dig, and raced a full quarter. Like I told both of my buddies, let me put the same amount of money in mine as you did, and run them, I will beat them, as far as your Cobra comment, they came wth a blower so get over it. Plus you have quite a bit of stuff done to your Camaro, so to say your beating stock Gt's, come on. And as far as the 30mpg comment, its believable.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:21 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: dukenitro

I will confirm. I have seen the dyno run done at my dealers in house dyno. The 05 makes 267 rear wheel stock.
some make more than that. i saw that one make over 270, others have seen numbers of 280+. the 05s like boltons too. more-so than my 04. i would have totally gotten the 05 had i liked the body style. it'll grow on me like the 99+ did.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:24 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

i drive a 2002 ss w 6 speed 3.73 gears,lid,throttle bodie,hooker long tubes headders,punched cats,programing,true dual dual exhaust and slp's ram air mod for my scoop, will dyno shortly but if it beats a 400 hp c-6 vette than i guess a {03} cobra isnt to hard to do and yes i have raced about a dozen 05 gt's and only 2 2003 cobras wanted to race my car......My 87 lx w 351w 40 over has close to 5800 into it and im not even done with the thing yet i have only lost in my mustang to 1 car and that car was a 2001 viper {i will never forget it} so my fastest car i own is a ford so you chevy bashers and bashing the wrong guy. I drive the camaro because it makes almost 30 mpg while the stang goes around 12 mpg tops the 351w is carburated w 750 holley stright 3 inch exhaust to the twin 40 series flows not to mention it is a 79 that i had remanufactured as a roller cam with 11.1 comp w ford gt40 p heads the stang makes close to 480+ hp range and like 500+ tourke..

[IMG]local://upfiles/13642/D9E517EEF9464317B5739CAC1CAC77BA.jpg[/IMG] this is my ss
This is absolutely the longest run on sentence I have ever heard. If your gonna argue, please make some sense dude! I'll race you in my '03 Cobra any day btw.

Quick Reply: dyno slips