Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help: couple of quick questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:26 PM
boochy
CSMG Moderator

Default RE: Need some help: couple of quick questions

Is your GT an Autoor Manual? From what I've heard, Bamaare the kings of automatics. I'll be getting mine soon.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:26 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

ORIGINAL: rshamekh

Brenspeed only update your tune if you buy that specifec part from them.. Unlike bama which updates your tune wherever you buy your parts..

That's just something to consider..
Hmmmm...didn't know that. So what do you do if you buy something from someone else? Can you pay them to adjust your tune? I'm sure they don't just leave you out in the cold.

If you purchased the Xcalibrator 2 from Brenspeed:
If you purchased your Xcal2 from Brenspeed and you are requesting a tune be modified for a new part purchased at Brenspeed there will be no charge for the tune re-work. This includes all parts purchased at Brenspeed except 125 horsepower and higher nitrous tunes. Please call Brenspeed at 574.594.9559 to request the tuning re-work. The free re-work only applies for products purchased at Brenspeed.

If you have purchased performance parts from another supplier and you need re-work to your current tunes that were purchased at Brenspeed the prices are as follows:

$35 per tune
This includes tuning re-work for exhaust. Often this is not needed so contact us to find out if you need re-tuned.

$40 per tune
This includes tuning re-work for the addition of air intake systems. Most air intakes do require re-tuning. Remember this is no charge for this re-work if you purchased your Xcal2 and new intake at Brenspeed.

$75 per tune
This includes creating new tunes for the addition of Charge Motion Delete Plates.

$185 per tune (this price could be higher based off of application. Call for quote)
This includes creating new tunes for the addition of an aftermarket supercharger or high horsepower nitrous application.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:31 PM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

My car is a manual

So what's the difference between bama and brenspeed. Which cai do they sell with the tuner and which tuner is used? Where does the tuner connect [I would magine OBDII port if I can find it] and I don't figure the cai is hard to put in...

Thanks for the help so far...I can't get it right now, but maybe in a little bit. Few other things on our plate first
Old 04-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

OBDII port is under the fog lamp/ light diming switch on the top left side of the footwell. most CAIs are pretty much the same, you can get almost any of them (JLT, steeda, roush, C&L, BBK) and you probably couldn't tell the difference. mostly comes down to looks and price. common package is the C&L with the xcal2. ive got a steeda and a diablosport predator; just depends on your prefrence. they'll write tunes for anything.