Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang 2008 pricing

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

One of my local dealers has a 2008 deluxe GT w/manual transmission, windveil blue, that has been sitting on the lot for an entire year. I am guessing they are going to have to practically give it away.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Foreu2env
1st Gear Member

I bought my 2008 V6 Pony Package on August 1st. $22,000 Window sticker plus they put stripes on it for the outrageous amount of $800 added to sticker price. Before any negotiating etc the car was about $23,000.

I dont know how things are in Canada, but in Michigan (about 40 mins from Windsor Ontario) I was able to get the car for $17,200 AFTER Tax, finance fee's, registration etc.

If you're anywhere near the US border maybe you should look into checking out dealers in the US? I dont know any of the laws/rules regarding buying a car in the U.S. to take back to canada, so maybe this post is worthless.. but I'd say you should be able to find a car for $15 - 18,000 based on options if you really wanted to. BUT.. when I bought mine, they had to ship it in from southern Ohio because there were only TWO 2008 V6's with manual transmission's left within 300 miles. You may have a hard time finding an '08 now that everyones unloading them with end of model year clearance deals..

Good luck and Keep looking around! maybe even call dealers Nowhere near you and just tell them what you're looking for.. sometimes you'll find a salesman or dealership that really just needs to move some cars that can find some rebates or make a deal for you. If you dont need to be into a new car TODAY then call around and make the system work for you =)

**edit**
I forgot to mention this... When I was buying my car, they tried telling me "well that's all we can do for you" and so I ended up talking to the sales manager who somehow managed to make a better deal. Then after I had everything lined up to buy an 08 Vapor Metallic V6, they called me the next morning to say that when they called the other dealership to have it transfered that it had already sold so they couldn't do the deal anymore... then they said they found another car they could bring in but that it was the burgundy red with a few less options. I said thanks but no thanks and the dealer literally said "you mean to tell me you'd rather not get any car at all than just have a red one?" and i laughed and said "yes, there's a zero percent chance of me buying a red car" and again, magically the next day they found a satin silver car that they could "work into my range" and long story short, i freakin love my car. =)

Last edited by Foreu2env; 09-04-2008 at 09:15 PM.