Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:50 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Passenger side cabin leak FIXED!!!

Old 11-11-2018, 07:34 AM
merendac

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by bm2088hp View Post
A few days ago we had a really bad rain storm. The next day when I took the car out, water started gushing out from under the glove compartment box. I'd say that about a cup of water came out and got my floor mat as well as the carpeting under it wet. A little after, I washed my car to see if the same problem would happen and once again it did. After looking around and removing the bottom of the windshield plastic drain covers, I saw about a gallon of water in the drain. The drain was obviously clogged up and all that water was coming in though the cabin air filter.

There are 2 drain holes that can get clogged up, one on the driver said and one on the passenger side. Now I know that getting to them and cleaning them out is super quick and easy. Below are a few pics showing you how to get to them so that you don't run into the same leak problem like I did. Definitely check them once in a while to make sure that leaves or other things don't clog them up.

Where the leak occurred:

Passenger side drain hole: It is hard to see where it is exactly but it is a small black rubber piece about 2" in width all the way in the back.

Driver side drain hole: This one is much easier to see and get to.
Thanks for the Post. It saved me a lot of time and if I couldn't have figured it out it saved me a lot of money