Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rims need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 01:08 AM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangwooley
i have my brake calipers painted red, would tht look werid on the white rims?
Yes, should have painted them pink!
Old 08-31-2012, 03:36 AM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

I personally love the blacks rims with/ white lips on a white car, just need a proper choice of rims and a reasonable lips size, not for Everyone but i would really look into this option if i ever grab a white car
Old 08-31-2012, 04:03 AM
Georgytonk

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
I think black rims on a white mustang can look awesome...with the right rim!
I agreed........ definitely black rim will be really catchy. Don't think more over this, Black and white is the standard combination.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:00 AM
George_ORH
1st Gear Member

I would go with Charcoal or anthracite. I'm sure black would look good , so you just have to decide what taste you want.

Guranteed if you buy white rims that you will always have trouble selling them (more so than any other color). And no one keeps this stuff forever.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:02 AM
George_ORH
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by coolasice
i think white on white is a pretty risky gamble. Unless your getting them color matched to your car you could have a disaster. What if the white rims have a slight yellow tinge? or something like that

if you really wanna dip into the JDM style pool...have you considered bronze? I've seen several white cars will green rims lately too...but it's pretty out there. And this is only if you wanna get really brave. What the others are suggesting sounds fantastic (silvers, gunmetals, etc)...i would say i have seen ALOT of black rims lately (matte finish in particular).
I wouldn't let me son buy a "hotwheels" car with green rims, Much less EVER put a set of green rims on a real car... But I imagine someone out there must like them,,, Or are just striving to be different.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:55 AM
coolasice

Originally Posted by George_ORH
I wouldn't let me son buy a "hotwheels" car with green rims, Much less EVER put a set of green rims on a real car... But I imagine someone out there must like them,,, Or are just striving to be different.
oh yeah...its definitely to the extreme. But i've seen it quite a bit in the import (ricer) world. You couldn't go half assed though, your car would have to be totally decked out with other extreme stuff (big spoiler, skirts, slammed, etc). Look at the drift mustang in black and bright green...looks pretty sweet to me...but it's also got some pretty extreme styling to go with it. Guess more of a car show look than a street look.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:13 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fedfireman
Black chrome on red cars looks ****. Black with red lip, gunmetal with black lip, or a black chrome with gloss black lip would look amazazing!
I was leaning toward black chrome. It might be the answer, and is pretty rare on S197's.

Originally Posted by George_ORH
It could work, but it'd have to be a bad *** car and done to professional quality. You can't paint a stock-ish GT's wheels green and call it done, and that's what most people would do. It would take the right wheel, suspension setup for stance, probably some well thought out matching graphics, and a powertrain to show the car could live up to the look.

Originally Posted by coolasice
oh yeah...its definitely to the extreme. But i've seen it quite a bit in the import (ricer) world. You couldn't go half assed though, your car would have to be totally decked out with other extreme stuff (big spoiler, skirts, slammed, etc). Look at the drift mustang in black and bright green...looks pretty sweet to me...but it's also got some pretty extreme styling to go with it. Guess more of a car show look than a street look.
Hence the risk. If not done perfectly, it'll look like a ricer piece of crap that it would be.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:35 AM
08caliGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BleedinBlue
I was leaning toward black chrome. It might be the answer, and is pretty rare on S197's
http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/proddetail.asp?prod=18x10GODSPEEDBLKCHR-40MM

Ive thought about these.