Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nit picks and annoyances

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 01:33 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Nit picks and annoyances

I dont have any of those quibbles, the only thing that really stands out is the relationship of the steering wheel to the armrest, the wheel is kind of far forward and just the edge of my elbow hits the armrest. That and the seat could use more side bolstering, kind of flat. Thats just quibbling too, the car is light years ahead of the SN95 and is the best stang ever made.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:19 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

WOW picky! I;m glad you like the car thou[8D]
Old 01-11-2007, 04:13 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jfrayzier

ORIGINAL: wildabouthorses

I am the wife that drives our Mustang...here's my dumb wifey question... I can't find the button for the emergency flashers! Does the 05 Mustang even have one? (and yes we did test drive a GT and a v6 and fell in love with the V6)

A complaint I do have is my milage trip meter is hard to get it to wipe off the miles and reset it. I push in the button and it seems to take forever for it to change from the odometer to the trip miles. Sometimes twisting the **** for it makes it show up but it still seems you have to hold it for a minute or two to get it to change from the odometer. Because of this...I pull away from the gas pump and sit on the lot someplace playing with the darn thing to clear the trip meter. Am I doing something wrong?
You can't be serious? Can you?

You just push the button and release it and it changes... if you hold the button in, it resets to zero.

The hazard light button is on the console... above and to the right of the stereo.
Mine in my '07 seems to hang as well...It's like the shaft sticks on the glass where it goes through or something. I have to press it a couple of times, or angle it...When I push it in, it feels like I might have a burr or something somewhere. But, I'm not gonna try to take apart the gauge pod just to try to fix that minor thing...I'll live with it.

But, I do agree that the headrest is funky...Why did they have to angle it the way that they did?!? Do they think that everyone drives their Mustang with that whole "lowrider Gangsta feel"? Come on, the last rapper I know of that drove a Mustang was Vanilla Ice, who boasted about his 5.0.

If there was some way I could remove the headrests and put a different one in, I'd do it...
Old 01-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Here's an idea. Get a push engine start button, and an aftermarket alarm system so all you have to do is use the key fab to open/lock the door. Of course, if someone wanted to steal your car all they would need to do is bust the window... hop in and hit the button, but ah well.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:45 PM
jonpo
2nd Gear Member

from another tall guy, i love the headrests
Old 01-11-2007, 02:26 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

I agree with some of these, although I knew most of it when I bought the car, I was OK with some things not being quite "Luxury" but one thing I wish was different is the passenger side wiper......WHY does it have to stop right in front of me? I have to look through the line whenever it rains. Other than that.....I LOVE this car!
Old 01-11-2007, 02:40 PM
ZZmustang
Banned

Mikey
sounds like you may need a SUV or a Chevy. People in the back seat of a Mustang. That’s easy, don't let anybody back there. Get a back seat delete. I get in the back seat to vacuum, that’s it.
The rest of your problems are not problems, just problems for you, Get a shorter key chain. I don't think I have ever used my high beams but if I did I would also be able to turn them off.
wipers? Park the car get out walk home.
You probably got a pool guy to.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:44 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Haven't had those problems and what ....there is a back seat?! I never use it nor does anyone else!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Ken M
1st Gear Member

I agree with the following:
-headrests
-ignition switch
-high beam headlight switch

The other stuff doesn't bother me.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:24 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

I agree, I think the head rests fit perfect for those of us that are tall

ORIGINAL: FREAKO

I think the headrest are positioned better in the Mustang than any other car...when I first saw them, I thought they were positioned wrong...too far foward but I have realized...I can sit there and rest my head against it (i am 6ft tall)and be able to look straight forward while driving.....where as in other cars you have to tilt your head back to be able to touch it. I do too agree about the seat back release...I would of figured the button on the back of the seat would allow you to snap the seat back to where it was and the lever at the bottom of the seat would allow for the adjustment....just my 2 cents.