4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Patriot Heads

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 02:23 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Patriot Heads

ORIGINAL: zhu04gt

ORIGINAL: mikev08826

What do you think he's gonna tell you. He's running a business.

If I knew what he was going to tell me, I would be a psychic and wouldnt bother asking the question in the first place. My question was directed at those who had actually purchased and installed patriot heads.
Hey bro...don't get salty. Just making a point. If you can't appreciate the point. Call me when your older.
Okay, not trying to be a smart ***, but seriously, should the hp gains from any performance parts manufacturer be met with skepticism or simply be doubted outright? These heads flow well. Check out the performance gain in this article.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...404mm_patriot/
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/0405mm_pats/

Patriot is a paying advertiser for that mag do you think they would post anything other then positive info...look at what the mag tests for the PP intake said..25hp gain NA...now we all know that is BS after many bought and tested it. Don't always believe what you read in magazines...
Now the issue with Patriot heads has been the valves and valve guides being improperly installed. Many people have had issues and Patriot has always taken care of the issues but not the expense or time of having to replace the heads etc...Gunnar is a nice guy but is it worth taking a chance on a company with a reputation for poor work or spending more money for a company with a great reputation like VT Engines/ Modular Powerhouse/ Fox Lake/ Steen Racing etc...in the end its your money and your choice.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:24 AM
zhu04gt
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: droptoppony

If I knew what he was going to tell me, I would be a psychic and wouldnt bother asking the question in the first place. My question was directed at those who had actually purchased and installed patriot heads.
Hey bro...don't get salty. Just making a point. If you can't appreciate the point. Call me when your older.
Okay, not trying to be a smart ***, but seriously, should the hp gains from any performance parts manufacturer be met with skepticism or simply be doubted outright? These heads flow well. Check out the performance gain in this article.

Patriot is a paying advertiser for that mag do you think they would post anything other then positive info...look at what the mag tests for the PP intake said..25hp gain NA...now we all know that is BS after many bought and tested it. Don't always believe what you read in magazines...
Now the issue with Patriot heads has been the valves and valve guides being improperly installed. Many people have had issues and Patriot has always taken care of the issues but not the expense or time of having to replace the heads etc...Gunnar is a nice guy but is it worth taking a chance on a company with a reputation for poor work or spending more money for a company with a great reputation like VT Engines/ Modular Powerhouse/ Fox Lake/ Steen Racing etc...in the end its your money and your choice.
What is the deal with people on this forum and open-ended, meaningless questions? Oh, jeez, I just asked one...it must be contageous.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:32 AM
zhu04gt
1st Gear Member

Okay, so maybe VT heads are a better way to go... Do the VT Stage II heads increase your compression ratio?
Old 08-27-2006, 01:49 AM
zhu04gt
1st Gear Member

Got another question for all you smart fellows out there (this excludes 'people' from chicago) : how many hours would a performance shop bill for a head swap?
Old 08-27-2006, 01:10 PM
NaplesFL11GT
3rd Gear Member

TTT
Old 08-27-2006, 02:25 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: droptoppony

What is the deal with people on this forum and open-ended, meaningless questions? Oh, jeez, I just asked one...it must be contageous.
Go F yourself smartass! Get the information from Car and Driver or whatever other mags you keep quoting worthless info from...some noobs are just not worth helping...you being one of them!!!