4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Christmas Gift-Diablosport Tuner... PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 07:27 PM
98 GreeN MacHiNe

Default Christmas Gift-Diablosport Tuner... PLEASE HELP!!!

So I got the Diablosport Predator Tuner for a christmas present. Took it straight out of the box to go upload the new tune on my car. So I get out there, plug the thing in. I go to save the original tune and it says "vehicle not found in database" or something along the lines of that.

Im hoping that somebody has gone through this problem before and can help me out.

One thing I did notice is that when it turns on it say "F-Series Predator v.8.r2". Did I get the wrong tuner in the box? On the outside of the box it say 98-04 mustang gt, mach1, and v6. Im really disappointed that I cant mess with my new toy.

I dont know if this helps, but the CAL-ID IS "CRAI8AX"

Any suggestions???

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2007, 08:09 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Christmas Gift-Diablosport Tuner... PLEASE HELP!!!

i believe you should have the 7146 model predator tuner. thats what i have. also on the back there should be a sticker that says mustang.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:22 PM
98 GreeN MacHiNe

Yeah, it says U7146... 98-04 Ford. Doesnt state mustang on the back though

So I have the right tuner I guess...

Any idea why it says "cannot find vehicle in database"???
Old 12-27-2007, 01:00 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Looks like you have the right tuner, but maybe have the wrong files on it. Where did you get the tuner from?
Old 12-27-2007, 01:27 AM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

im thinkin he might need to update the tuner, not sure though. thats kind of odd. does your car already have a chip of some sort?

PM me if you find anything else out.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:01 PM
98 GreeN MacHiNe

It was a christmas present from my girl... I think she purchased it online???

So you think it could possibly be the wrong file installed on the tuner? What can be done to remedy this? I know that updates are available to be downloaded from the diablosport website, but the tuner didnt come with the computer connection.

What would be the proper update for a 98 Mustang GT? Im going to go on the diablosport website and check this out, but if you guys are any more ideas, let me know.

Buy the way, how can I tell if the car has already been tuned? I bought the car used, with some minor mods on it, so I have no clue whats really done to it.

Thanks for all the help!
Old 12-27-2007, 04:02 PM
nyuk98gt

98 GreeN MacHiNe:

The strategy CRAIX.. is correct for '98. I can't help with Diablo questions because I don't own one. It makes sense to me that Diablo would want you to "register" by updating the handheld before using it but, like I said, I don't know if this is a fact.

Be aware that the fuel pump and PCM fuses as shown in the engine bay fuse panel diagramin the Owner's Manual are reversed. You want to pull the yellow 20A fuse closest to the fender, it is the FP fuse. The other yellow 20A fuse is the PCM (nearest the engine bay). The other fuse to pull is the fan, 60A blue fuse, last fuse closest to the engine in the row of fuses next to the FP and PCM fuses.You do not have to reset the '98 PCM after flashing, the flashing process will clear the keep alive memory (KAM).

Whatever tune is installed in the PCM will become your "stock" tune when you upload a tune from the Predator. If the car is running well now, the tune is probably A-OK so you can proceed with trying your new tunes.

Chris