4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

retune with water/meth injection?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 10:36 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I would try to explain why putting it before the blower is best but its alot of typing so here is a good article. http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...icle_info.html

Air to air and cryo will still not be as good as meth only. I have the cryo2 system at home but for the fuel system only. Its a waste on the intake. Chem intercooling is less expensive then an air to air and there is not boost loss.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:16 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by oxfordgt
I would try to explain why putting it before the blower is best but its alot of typing so here is a good article. http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...icle_info.html

Air to air and cryo will still not be as good as meth only. I have the cryo2 system at home but for the fuel system only. Its a waste on the intake. Chem intercooling is less expensive then an air to air and there is not boost loss.
Just to quote your article:
. Pre Throttle Body/Carburetor Injection

water methanol injectionPositioning the water methanol injection nozzles or nozzles just before the throttle body or carburetor on turbocharged and centrifugal supercharger applications is by far the most common position and one of the most beneficial of all. Furthermore, most every application can easily be fitted in this manor. With injection taking place just before the throttle body/carburetor, inches before the intake of the engine, significant cylinder cooling and detonation suppression is achieved. Additionally, air charge temperatures are significantly reduced through the intake manifold.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:32 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Yeah thats true but my point was that since he is not running an intercooler he should put it before the blower because it will have the same effect as an intercooler. If he had a built engine and pushing alot of boost I would have suggested doing both before the blower and before the TB. That will not only cool the IAT by increasing the VE of the blower but you will also get the added octane of the meth. Since he is not built cooling the IAT will do much more for him them the octane because he will not be able to add the amount of timing to really benifit from the added octane of the meth but will be able to add timing to get the benefit of the lower IAT.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:30 AM
avexhype
3rd Gear Member

My IAT sensor is already before the tb and after the blower (its tapped into the discharge tube). yea the only reason i want it is to keep the intake temps cool after many runs, not really worried about increasing timing thus netting more power even though when the tuner tunes the car, thats what he'll have to do.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:19 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Meth only sprays while in boost. It will not cool the intake in between runs. It will only be cool during boost then heat right back up on the return road. I would say use ice to cool the intake but only if you do it in such a way that no water will get on the engine or drip. I'd hate to see a real racer bitch slap you for dripping water on the track.