Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Evolution debate ongoing.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 12:43 AM
Evolution Performance
Former Sponsor

Default RE: Brenspeed vs Evolution debate ended.

ORIGINAL: XLeatherNeck

That is a huge margin for just a tune. No offense, but I have to see hard data to believe it.
It's actually really simple, if you have a 3V and your running too lean and too much timing, the knock sensors will kick in and start pulling timing, which in return will lose power, ie "The Other" Tune!

The 3V motor actually likes to run a little on the rich side! The two main ingredients to making power is Fuel and Timing!

In these tunes I have also made significant power increases with adjustments in the VCT (variable cam timing) which a lot of tuners don't know how to use those parameters yet!
Old 04-23-2006, 12:53 AM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

Sure would like to know how this compares to Bamachips tunes.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

All I know is... Me and Dkano both had 93 Octane Brenspeed tunes... and Dkano has the Steeda pullies now and is an automatic... and he's pulling at like 294-296RWHP... Which I was kinda disappointed! But again, it's because my straight pipe design isn't providing enough back pressure, which many have said the Engine needs, especially for a N/A Car.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:11 AM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Fred, do you have a dyno at your shop?

I have had three different mail tunes that were less than perfect.
and two Dyno tunes, my first Dyno Tune was pretty good, K&N CAI SCT II (270hp 280tq)
I thought that I could get more out of it by adding a JLT II, UDP, 4.10 gears and Dyno Tune this week... Not (270hp 285tq)

I would like to try yours, but I am afraid of mail order tunes since the last one I got had me running so lean (18)
I would like to see the numbers to be sure. I live about 2 hours from your shop and would like to try to break the 270 mark

Old 04-23-2006, 01:13 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Obviously he is equipped with a dyno... Hence the reason for this post to begin with... and you have more mods then me... and I'm making 300RWHP... So you should definately be over that.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:23 AM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

Obviously he is equipped with a dyno... Hence the reason for this post to begin with... and you have more mods then me... and I'm making 300RWHP... So you should definately be over that.
Menace,
Yours is a Manual Tranny so you should be making about 18%+ more power than me, I have an auto.

Thanks for your reply, sorry I did not realize you had dynoed your car there.
(edit) Duhh I just read the sign on their web site picture....[:-]

Fred,
I have been reading alot about the VCT and being this is the first for ford I wondered about the tuning knowledge needed
to do this right.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:35 AM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

I see this Fred's shop is on the way to Atlantic City. I think Fred and I are going to become close friends. This actually works out well because in theory I can get strangers to pay for my mods while they're being installed. I hope Fred takes cash.

I think the Horsemen should take a ride to AC, take a couple of quick pulls on the dyno along the way maybe?
Old 04-23-2006, 05:45 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I can't wait to take my car to the dyno, I have JLT II CAI with SCT XCal II with Fred's 93 Octane Tune. I also have Borla Cat-Backs, Hooker X-Pipe, Eibach Pro-Kit, next is 4.10 gears then the big S/C!
Old 04-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Believe me, I was aprehensive when Fred was telling me what was wrong with the car and how his tune would get me into the 300s. Actually, he says it should make about 310-315 but I have no back pressure which is hurting the car. Though once I saw the results on the computer after the runs were done, I was shocked and excited!
Old 04-23-2006, 10:26 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Damn Menace, you got home early!! I got home at around 9:30PM, traffic sucked, and it didn't stop raining at all, sometimes I had to guess where the lanes on the parkway were! I'm getting the videos ready, and my dyno sheets, will post them in a little while.

Quick Reply: Evolution debate ongoing.