5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

False advertisement?? Opinions????

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 09:15 PM
DeltaElite121
2nd Gear Member

I don't think this is right by any means, but I think you're fighting an uphill battle. Unless you can get some class action lawsuit going, I don't see you getting anything out of them. What I'm curious about is - did you give it a good test drive? Strokers obviously should feel very different from a stocker, and since you've had a stock mustang before I'm surprised you didn't pick up on that? Not to say you should know everything by sight, but it's interesting to me I guess. If I ever bought a car from a dealer, I'd never buy anything "modified" from them because most of those dealers don't know anything but your interior options, and whether the car has power locks and air conditioning.

My family has had an equally bad experience with dealerships (the car and 8 other cars were stolen off the lot during routine maintenance) and they expected us to continue making payments for the car, even though it was stolen and now totaled into a telephone pole. They were not offering a replacement of any kind, or any kind of compensation. Supposedly, they're a "good dealership" but that wasn't good at all. A threat to take them to court after lots of waiting spooked them, but our position was bulletproof. If I were you I would do all I can, but not because of the money, but because of how you were scammed out of your money. Yes, you probably should have researched more, but they should have also before advertising it as a stroker if they made an honest mistake.

Like mentioned before, it's your word against theirs. You might be able to get it out of them, but it's going to take quite a bit of time, and will require more money. I think you should make an example out of them, but that's just me. If nobody makes a stand then more people will get screwed over, so think of it as doing you and everyone else a favor.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:27 AM
roostracing
3rd Gear Member

i read all of this and still no feedback on what the dealer said...
Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by XPBaller
told me they had the head off and seen aftermarket thirty over pistons in it. When i asked them why they had the head off they said to verify the old owners claim of aftermarket bottom end. THE PISTONS ARE FACTORY.

If you actually beleived that a car lot actually pulled a head off to verify that it was a stroker you deserve what you got. Any common sence would tell you that car lots are all about profit and they don't do anything that doesn't have to be done to get the car sold at maximum profit. That goes for Used car lots and even New Car dealers used car sections. You may find a new set of tires on one but thats because new rubber sells a car. It's a nice car, buy a new stroker shortblock, install it and be happy and learn from this experiance. Never trust a Used car salesman, TV preacher or your very best friend. They are rarely what they make themselves out to be.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:13 PM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Portmaster
If you actually beleived that a car lot actually pulled a head off to verify that it was a stroker you deserve what you got. Any common sence would tell you that car lots are all about profit and they don't do anything that doesn't have to be done to get the car sold at maximum profit. That goes for Used car lots and even New Car dealers used car sections. You may find a new set of tires on one but thats because new rubber sells a car. It's a nice car, buy a new stroker shortblock, install it and be happy and learn from this experiance. Never trust a Used car salesman, TV preacher or your very best friend. They are rarely what they make themselves out to be.
Youre right... i agree. I also believe that nothings gonna come out of this, but its just a hard pill to swallow given the circumstances. I dont think anyone would really deserve this though.... but **** happens i guess. live and learn.

Last edited by XPBaller; 03-19-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:12 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by XPBaller
Youre right... i agree. I also believe that nothings gonna come out of this, but its just a hard pill to swallow given the circumstances. I dont think anyone would really deserve this though.... but **** happens i guess. live and learn.
So when you asked them what the engine was stroked to what did they say?
Old 03-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Caveat Emptor...you didn't bother to ASK any details about the "stroker" motor? That's a very BASIC and (excuse me) DUMB oversight on your part.

Any ways, all you can do at this point is go at them to see if they're willing to work with you. You can go to small claims but I guarantee a judge will be whacking you over the head with the LOCS book (Lack of common sense).
Old 03-19-2009, 04:46 PM
PJC Racing
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Caveat Emptor...you didn't bother to ASK any details about the "stroker" motor? That's a very BASIC and (excuse me) DUMB oversight on your part.

Any ways, all you can do at this point is go at them to see if they're willing to work with you. You can go to small claims but I guarantee a judge will be whacking you over the head with the LOCS book (Lack of common sense).

At this point your beating a dead horse, he has already acknowledged his error.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:49 PM
calfroper_06
4th Gear Member

OK so what size stroker was it supposivly, and what did they say when you told them it wasnt a stroker?