General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Guys, NOT GOOD

Old 05-01-2004, 12:20 AM
MelloYello
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Guys, NOT GOOD

Sorry dude for getting to your post a little late... Got busy earlier....

Ok there is no reason and insurance company will need to know any mods at all.... they only things they are worried about is size of motor, color driver etc..... The mods done to the car will have no difference in anything.... It doesnt lower or raise the value of it to them either.....

Now without having any pics to look at its fairly an easy job to fix.... on your ground effects you have the bumper trim peices are those what are messed up cause outta all the damage those are the only things that should be replaced... fenders doors quarter panels etc, can all be fixed!!!!! WTF are these repair men thinking..... the dents can be taken out smoothed over, buffed....

They dont have to repaint the whole car either alls they gotta do is fade the places that were fixed.... If your front bumper was hit a little it doesnt need to be replaced either!!!!! Its urethane (sp?) so if there are cracks, webs etc they can all be fixed with a putty

Now me being an insurance employee I shouldnt say this but if I were you I would've just called your insurance and made a claim as to someone else hitting you..... I know I know insurance fraud but sue me lol

But you know you can change your mind and not go through with the claim with your adjuster... and that might be wise just to do it out of your own pocket because if they do not end up totalling your ride, which they shouldnt, your rates will rise....

Now its hard to say what the costs are because every body shop charges differently..... I mean your just going to have to find a good one that wont rip you off or give you a cheap paint job for a cheap price kinda thing....

Sorry to hear about the accident.. that kinda stuff sucks but I bet you wont let it happen again lol
Old 05-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Whew, told my mom about the totalling thing. And she was all like ?!?!?!

So she started calling some of her friends if they knew anyone and we found someone.
Brought to car to him and he said he could do the repairs and paint it to match like it never happened for about $1000

So, now alls i gotta do is when the insurance company calls back on monday with what theyre going to do.
See if I can cancel that claim thing and then Lower my coverage to JUST liability.
So that gives me nice n low payments without having to deal with this BS once more.

Thanks for the help everyone
Old 05-01-2004, 01:48 AM
nhdungeonracer
3rd Gear Member

Whew, told my mom about the totalling thing. And she was all like ?!?!
I could tell she was a OK gal

Glad you got this figured out. I would drop the claim as well. That insurance adjuster isn't stupid. He's got friends on the other end that are going to make a profit off your car if you let them have it, and put some money in his pocket as well. I won't go as far as to say they're "all" crooks, but a lot of them are.

If you don't drop the claim, and they total the car, tell them you want to buy it back. They CANNOTrefuse this, as you have the 1st option. What they'll probably do is take the buy-back price off from the totalled price. So if your car is totalled at $4200, and the buy-back price is $900, they'll give you $3300. But then you got the $1000 deductible, so now you'll get a check for $2300 to fix the car yourself (or pay the guy your mom found). Course, if you do this, you can count on your insurance rates going up.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:59 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

But if i drop the claim
insurance wont be anything right?
ill still have a clean record?
Old 05-01-2004, 04:47 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Not that I know your insurance company, but there is a lesson to be learned here.

Small insurance companys that charge more > geico and the rest.

When my brother wrecked his 99 Dodge Ram pickup, there are picutres somewhere on this site of the terrible wreck, not only did the insurance cover the entire cost of the loan and the truck, but all of the costs of the modifications he had done as well.

My little bro paid 13K for the truck, plus about 4-5k for the modification he did to it (HCI (engine blew, all aftermarket) plus a bunch of external apperance mods.

The little small town insurance agent we deal with cut him a check for 19K! He now drives a far superoir 2000 chevy. (hell the chevy is faster/better stock than the ram was with HCI)

My insurance might cost a bit more, but everything I do on my car, so long as I have recipts, is covered.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:45 AM
nhdungeonracer
3rd Gear Member

But if i drop the claim
insurance wont be anything right?
ill still have a clean record?
That would be correct, but be sure to watch for any increase of your premium in case your adjuster is a jerk and "forgets" to drop the claim for you.