General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

BBK Emmisions Legal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 02:54 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Default RE: BBK Emmisions Legal?

all you need to know is a friend of a friend.

BAR ain't got $hit on that
Old 10-12-2005, 03:12 PM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

Here in Cali, (yea I know you live here too) 30% of all vehicles in each county(cept Humboldt) are sent to "Test Only" stations. This is to ensure the ppl aren't getting away with stuff. No way around that.
The point is, why take chances? So you know someone. Not everyone knows someone. And if you do get sent to a Test Only station, you get busted. And it could cost you a lot to get it back to "legal" smog specs. So again I say, Why take chances?
PLUS, if your car is deemed a Gross Poluter, you could end up getting tested EVERY year at a referee station. I ran 4 shops with smog. And I was the one who read the smog bulletins from BAR. And BTW, the last 2 pages listed which facilities got busted, for what, how much they got fined, and who went to jail. 2 PAGES worth!
Old 10-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Tim37

Ok i live in a state that did away with a safty inspecitions in 97 (there is no inspection what so ever) i have licenced a car that didn't even run at the time. so please help a dumass redneck understand somthing.

What keeps you from just swaping out all the parts for the inspection and when ya pass go home and swap every thing back?

I mean a xpipe is fairly easy to change so is intakes and other boltons hell if ya know what your doing a engine swap on a old 5.0 car can be done in a day(me and a friend did it more than once).
Absolutely nothing. I had friends that used to do that. Take all the non-smog legal stuff off the car, get it tested, and within a day or two, put it all back on. Nothing bad ever happened to them. My whole thing is why all the bother for a couple of extra ponies or time for a slightly differet exhaust or mod that adds only a few extra hp at the crank over the CARB version? I have better things to spend my time on.

get the CARB approved version and be done with it.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:13 PM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

ORIGINAL: Tim37

Ok i live in a state that did away with a safty inspecitions in 97 (there is no inspection what so ever) i have licenced a car that didn't even run at the time. so please help a dumass redneck understand somthing.

What keeps you from just swaping out all the parts for the inspection and when ya pass go home and swap every thing back?

I mean a xpipe is fairly easy to change so is intakes and other boltons hell if ya know what your doing a engine swap on a old 5.0 car can be done in a day(me and a friend did it more than once).
Absolutely nothing. I had friends that used to do that. Take all the non-smog legal stuff off the car, get it tested, and within a day or two, put it all back on. Nothing bad ever happened to them. My whole thing is why all the bother for a couple of extra ponies or time for a slightly differet exhaust or mod that adds only a few extra hp at the crank over the CARB version? I have better things to spend my time on.

get the CARB approved version and be done with it.
EXACTLT!!![sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif]