Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Question about TUNERS & CAI's

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Question about TUNERS & CAI's

I believe it's mostly an emissions thing. I mean,some 2005's camewith a hydrocarbon trap in the intake to catch gas fumes after turning the engine off. Funny thing about Ford though...after removing the trap in newer models, which was proven to rob power, their power claims didn't change. I think they are up to some of their old tricks.

Also, a CAI, while being more efficient and yielding better MPG on the highway with the cruise control locked, will burn more fuel from stop lights due to more air/fuel flow yielding worse city MPG. Their info they submit to the Feds takes into consideration the City and Highway MPG, and not an average between the two for their emissions standard guidelines. They need the best of both.

Plus, the airbox limits a ton of noise. People have taken their cars to Ford for service because of noisy fuel injectors. They'd be trading in if it came with CAI or a loud exhaust. Ford walks the center line between refined and unrefined...remember the car was geared towardthe Caddy buying geezers...ie. Baby Boomers.

No offence old timers...I look forward to retiring and pimping my Scoot-About three wheeler.I've already lookedinto a wheelie-bar.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:50 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: Getaway

No offence old timers...I look forward to retiring and pimping my Scoot-About three wheeler.I've already lookedinto a wheelie-bar.
Aren't we all!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:00 PM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

GT Newbie and RUFDRAFT, at 46 years old can I be the "little brother", I to used to tune my
'72 6-cylin the parking lot at K-mart, set the timing by ear,and be on my way.
So I can relate, I to want to do these add ons also but read the good, the bad, and the ugly....
My neighbor runs the parts counter at the local dealership and one of the techs there has
an 05 GT and swears buy the C&L with a tune so,,,,, RUFDRAFT on your way home from
GT Newbies stop by here and hook a brother up!!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:07 PM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

HEY MATT
What made you choose B A M Achips over brenspeed ???
I watch the post and it seems to be the two popular choices,
p.s. I like the clear lens replacement on the sigs,
It makes you look for a second to see whats diffrent, NICE.................
Old 01-11-2007, 11:19 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Yeah it seems everyone likes the clear signals. They are nice. As for the tuner choice, I read many, many posts about each. I had already got the intake and was only looking for better tunes. I think that I got the 3 from B a m ajust a little cheaper than with Brent. There was not a specific reason though. I am very happy with my choice. I do not have Brents to compare tothough. But if it is even better than what I have then it would be amazing! I do live a couple hours from Brenspeed so I may head up there in spring and have them actually dyno it along with adding some suspension mods. We will see. I would recommend B a m a, Brenspeed or Evolution as I hear pretty much all positive feedback on all of them.