Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Installing your own LT Headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:47 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Installing your own LT Headers

ORIGINAL: white07

ORIGINAL: S2Charlie

Just headers took me about 8 hours the Kooks instuctions BLOW!!! They didn't even mention taking off the steering column that install was a bigger PITA than anything else but I'm glad I did it myself If you're gonna but headers you might as well do a full exhaust like me Good Luck!
or you could just do LTs, mid pipe and leave the stock mufflers/catbacks so you have somewhat of a sleeper. If you do Long tubes you have to do a midpipe.

If I were to put mufflers on my car it would be pretty damn loud since I have an off road mid pipe. But since I did it thr way I did it sounds quiet at idle and not too loud on acceleration, At WOT it sounds pretty nasty.

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...Picture045.flv
Oh man that thing sounds GREAT!

So that's LTs, mid pipe and stock mufflers? My plan was to do the Kooks headers, HF cats and Xpipe from Brenspeed with stock mufflers to see if I like the sound. A lot of the mufflers out there sound like a gurgly mess, and I kinda like the stock sound.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:31 AM
white07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

ORIGINAL: S2Charlie

Just headers took me about 8 hours the Kooks instuctions BLOW!!! They didn't even mention taking off the steering column that install was a bigger PITA than anything else but I'm glad I did it myself If you're gonna but headers you might as well do a full exhaust like me Good Luck!
or you could just do LTs, mid pipe and leave the stock mufflers/catbacks so you have somewhat of a sleeper. If you do Long tubes you have to do a midpipe.

If I were to put mufflers on my car it would be pretty damn loud since I have an off road mid pipe. But since I did it thr way I did it sounds quiet at idle and not too loud on acceleration, At WOT it sounds pretty nasty.

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...Picture045.flv
Oh man that thing sounds GREAT!

So that's LTs, mid pipe and stock mufflers? My plan was to do the Kooks headers, HF cats and Xpipe from Brenspeed with stock mufflers to see if I like the sound. A lot of the mufflers out there sound like a gurgly mess, and I kinda like the stock sound.
Yes sir. IT has no drown and when you downshift it doesnt start popping(only when the motor is cold). Also in 5th gear on the highway its nice and quiet but you down shift to 4th and it wakes up. Drop to 3rd and all hell breaks loose. It sounds kind of like flows but I think it sounds better than flows.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:51 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MexGT

yep so be sure to buy some beers before you start !
Beer makes it a 12 hour job but it will feel like 3 haha
Old 08-09-2007, 01:47 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

I am planning to order LTs in the short future. Currently, my exhaust setup is an o/r H-Pipe with Magnaflow mufflers and it sounds great, but I know with the addition of LTs, I will get that extra sound and performance I am craving. I do realize that with the addition of LTs, I have to either modify my H-Pipe or get a new shorty midpipe. I am desparate right now as to which brand/combo to purchase. I will take any advice out there. If your very satisfied with your setup, please let me know what your running...any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!
Old 08-09-2007, 05:32 PM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

Is the reason some are not commenting on the steering column removal because it is brand dependent if this is necessary? so the steering column goet through the kooks headers? how about the dynateck or ARH?
Old 08-09-2007, 11:48 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

I am planning to order LTs in the short future. Currently, my exhaust setup is an o/r H-Pipe with Magnaflow mufflers and it sounds great, but I know with the addition of LTs, I will get that extra sound and performance I am craving. I do realize that with the addition of LTs, I have to either modify my H-Pipe or get a new shorty midpipe. I am desparate right now as to which brand/combo to purchase. I will take any advice out there. If your very satisfied with your setup, please let me know what your running...any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!
Just remember if you go LTs you need a new mid pipe. I love my BBKs by the way.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:59 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

Just remember if you go LTs you need a new mid pipe. I love my BBKs by the way.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Best Mufflers I ever heard was Racing Cams