Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

eibach pro kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 05:09 PM
BuffPony

Default RE: eibach pro kit

ORIGINAL: GT Premi

ORIGINAL: BuffPony

Pro Kit is still VERY street friendly. Perfect for the person who just want the looks and little performance gain. Definitely not the way to go if you track the car or push it to it's limits regularly..............
I disagree. I had the Prokit on my '99 GT and I have it on my '05 GT and the performance gain is large. I would say that the gain going from Prokit to Sportline would be little. The biggest gain in that scenario would be that it cuts the amount of air getting underneath the car more than the Prokit which is good for high speed. The cornering gains over the Prokit are negligible if any.
90% of the cars I drove hard on and really tried to see what she can do and PUSH the limits....the Pro Kit honestly did not cut it. They are not even 20% more stiff over stock. Match these with a decently valved shock, you might have a good suspension. Most OEM shocks are geared minimally toward performance so with a performance spring it makes a difference from stock, but compare that to a true well ochestrated suspension and then get back to me. Not to sound like a dick, but putting Eibach on your pony is not the end all performance handling system by ANY means.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:24 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Premi

Pro Kit is still VERY street friendly. Perfect for the person who just want the looks and little performance gain. Definitely not the way to go if you track the car or push it to it's limits regularly..............
I disagree. I had the Prokit on my '99 GT and I have it on my '05 GT and the performance gain is large. I would say that the gain going from Prokit to Sportline would be little. The biggest gain in that scenario would be that it cuts the amount of air getting underneath the car more than the Prokit which is good for high speed. The cornering gains over the Prokit are negligible if any.
90% of the cars I drove hard on and really tried to see what she can do and PUSH the limits....the Pro Kit honestly did not cut it. They are not even 20% more stiff over stock. Match these with a decently valved shock, you might have a good suspension. Most OEM shocks are geared minimally toward performance so with a performance spring it makes a difference from stock, but compare that to a true well ochestrated suspension and then get back to me. Not to sound like a dick, but putting Eibach on your pony is not the end all performance handling system by ANY means.
Now, how much sense does it make to compare just some springs to "a true well orchestrated suspension?"[sm=nothatway.gif]
Old 01-13-2006, 11:49 AM
pcdrj
2nd Gear Member

GT Premi

You're running 18" rims...how wide? Tire Size? Have you had any tire rubbing? I'm looking at the same setup (eibach with d spec adjustable shocks) and the ASA AR1 wheels. Also, did you consider the FR500 wheel? Price is nice but they seem a little heavy at 31 lbs.

http://www.mustangtuning.com/bl20frwh1.html

Old 01-16-2006, 12:25 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

My wheels are 18x9 with 255/45 tires.

Yeah, I considered the FR500 wheels, but then I reconsidered when I remembered the 2000 Cobra R wheels. Everybody and his cousin was putting those wheels on their Mustang! I suspect the same thing will eventually happen with the FR500 wheels, second only to those dang Bullitt wheels. I wanted something a little different that not too many people will have. Not many Mustang fans like black wheels on their rides, but luckily all I get is compliments on my car. I've had lots of people yell out their windows to tell me my car looks hot.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:04 AM
OhFive GT

Hey Dave,
The 20's look good, what width did you go with and tire dimensions? and last but not least are you having issues getting the 20's to stick? I mean since you had to go with lower side walls.... Any comments are appreciated...

Thanks.