Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

stupid turtle looking cobalt!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 03:57 PM
4Stangs
4th Gear Member

Default RE: stupid turtle looking cobalt!!

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I have no interest in drag racing professionally. This was my second time to a track in my life. I couldn't care less about reaction time. I normally let the ricer beside me get ahead to make sure he doesn't lose control and hit my car. I'd hate to spend all that time in prison, after killing the ricer, just because I wanted to work on my reaction time.

ORIGINAL: 4Stangs

Might want to work on that R/T if you ever want to go more than one round in elims.![&:]
I usally just out tree & out launch them so if they hit a wall it's way behind me
Yep. That's what I do. But it's easier when you 60' 1.3, 1/8 around 6 at 115 and run a low 9 at 145. [8D]
Old 07-05-2007, 03:59 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

I have no interest in drag racing professionally. This was my second time to a track in my life. I couldn't care less about reaction time. I normally let the ricer beside me get ahead to make sure he doesn't lose control and hit my car. I'd hate to spend all that time in prison, after killing the ricer, just because I wanted to work on my reaction time.

Might want to work on that R/T if you ever want to go more than one round in elims.![&:]
I usally just out tree & out launch them so if they hit a wall it's way behind me
Yep. That's what I do. But it's easier when you 60' 1.3, 1/8 around 6 at 115 and run a low 9 at 145. [8D]
Bragging a little .....aren't we? lol..J/K
Old 07-05-2007, 04:00 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Well I would 2 if I could run 11's. On street tires though i can't out launch many people.
A 2.0 is a pretty good launch on street tires if you ask me. Your timeslip looks just like a buddy of mine that has a lightly modded M3 with 295's out back.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:00 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GrabberMustangGT

when you go with higher gears, your accel. is increased,and your max is decreased. His car is in tip top shape. After the 3.73 gears, his car hit 135 at 6,100 RPM. After the 4.10 gears, his car hit 130 at 6000RPM. But, he is running a 1/4 mile time around 12.6 or so. There you have it. We raced side by side one day, and I hit 145, and his car kept bouncing back (with the 4.10's) at 130. We tested it once more, he threw the 3.31's back on( thx for the correction) and he went to 145 @ 5,500 RPM give or take, and had pedal left, and more room to rev. I have raced a cobalt SS, bone stock, although it took him a while to get there, but, he passed me and I was maxing my car, I was redline at 6,200 RPM, I'm sure over 150, and he passed me at a decent rate. But seriously though moosestang, pick on somebody your own size. LOL j/k.
Either your friend has some real skill at swapping gears or more money than sense. I will work on a video of me burrying the speedo with my 4.10's. It will be awhile since one of my stock tires has a plug in it and there's no way i'm going that fast without 4 perfect tires. 4.10's would be good for 175 according to the calculations assuming the car has the power to get there. Was your friends car an auto? I don't know anything about the autos, did he have OD on or off?
Old 07-05-2007, 04:05 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Well I would 2 if I could run 11's. On street tires though i can't out launch many people.
A 2.0 is a pretty good launch on street tires if you ask me. Your timeslip looks just like a buddy of mine that has a lightly modded M3 with 295's out back.
My worst 60 that day was 2.14 out of 7 runs, all runs were 13.6-13.7 at 105-106. I really never considered them that good until I saw IWHINE's. I have drag radials now, just waiting on rims to hit the track. I'm not doing anything special, just barely reving the engine at the line while mashing the gas and feathering the clutch at the same time. I want to leave the line at 5k.[:@]
Old 07-05-2007, 04:06 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

when you go with higher gears, your accel. is increased,and your max is decreased. His car is in tip top shape. After the 3.73 gears, his car hit 135 at 6,100 RPM. After the 4.10 gears, his car hit 130 at 6000RPM. But, he is running a 1/4 mile time around 12.6 or so. There you have it. We raced side by side one day, and I hit 145, and his car kept bouncing back (with the 4.10's) at 130. We tested it once more, he threw the 3.31's back on( thx for the correction) and he went to 145 @ 5,500 RPM give or take, and had pedal left, and more room to rev. I have raced a cobalt SS, bone stock, although it took him a while to get there, but, he passed me and I was maxing my car, I was redline at 6,200 RPM, I'm sure over 150, and he passed me at a decent rate. But seriously though moosestang, pick on somebody your own size. LOL j/k.
Either your friend has some real skill at swapping gears or more money than sense. I will work on a video of me burrying the speedo with my 4.10's. It will be awhile since one of my stock tires has a plug in it and there's no way i'm going that fast without 4 perfect tires. 4.10's would be good for 175 according to the calculations assuming the car has the power to get there. Was your friends car an auto? I don't know anything about the autos, did he have OD on or off?
It was a stick, has alot of suspension work done. with 3.90 gears. thats most of his mods. He has a few minor go fast mods like a K&N. He's a good driver.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:07 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

Getting to 175 with 4.10's is a Tall task.......You would have to have a SERIOUS amount of power,more so than what I believe your 3v could handle with out some internal work...
Old 07-05-2007, 04:07 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Ok, I think all has been said that needs to be. I am getting kind of sick of locking every GTO and Cobalt thread. (Although I am guilty of contributing to this one).