Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Headliner issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 11:28 AM
LudachrisGT

Default Headliner issues?

Anyone else have an issue with the headliner edge showing on the sides and the back? I've tried working with the edging to put it back in place but it keeps falling out and showing. Doesn't look great.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:20 PM
edhaddad

Default 2020 Mustang GT PPL2 Black with headliner detaching

I got my GT PPL2 last year in July. I just noticed that the headliner / roof lining is coming off on the sides and in the back. Really bad given this is an expensive car! I plan to bring it up to the Ford dealership here in Houston in the next service which is a few months away and expect that they will completely fix it!
Old 12-12-2021, 10:40 AM
jwmgr8

My 2020 Gt has had an issue with Headliner for 15months. I took to McRee Ford in Dickinson Tx over a year ago and complained about headliner coming down at each door and the rear glass and winshield. McRee stuffed the headliner back into moulding at the doors and that lasted about 8 months they never fixed the front or rear issue. They reported they consulted with Ford concerning this and Ford said it was normal? This is BS cause you can see the headliner edge through the glass. I contacted Ford and they said I should consult my local Ford service guys? this is circular BS logic designed to wear us out.
I took to Ron Carter Ford in Alvin Tx last month. They said it needs a new headliner. Which they ordered but it is on "national backorder" ?
What I find interesting is Ford is still producing new 2021 Mustangs- the Headliner is exact same and yet they have headliners for new Mustangs. This is really Ford saying existing customers are second class . That if you buy a ford they will sell it to you, but if you already invested in their product and trusted Ford would stand behind it you are screwed.
Pretty interesting message. I wonder how that would stand up in a law suit or BBB complaint? I understand the headliner issue is a common problem, not just little old me. Being a repeat problem it would seem they would increase the units on hand.

Old 01-21-2022, 09:14 PM
jwmgr8

This is update
as I reported Alvin Texas dealer said needed new headliner. It finally came in just before Christmas. Dealer installed and it looks pretty good. Will report if new liner has problems
but I am really satisfied with Ron Carter ford of Alvin tx. They did it right and kept me informed
as I reported earlier McRee ford in Dickinson Texas sucks-
had it in there multiple times and they reported “normal” headliner
I will not buy service or anything from McRee!