Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trottle Lag

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 12:00 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Trottle Lag

ORIGINAL: Warlok

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

ORIGINAL: mlawdawg

I don't follow your question. He means if you can run a tune for 93 octane gas.

Okay, call me a tard [sm=grin.gif]......Im still learning this "tuner" stuff............so he's strictly talking about 93 octane??? Im with ya!!! So when I buy my SCT he is suggesting I get a tune to run 93??? Does that really make much of a difference? I will get (3) tunes of my choice so I have to make them count!!!!
You get a 87, 91 and 93 octane tune in your SCT. Your most likley running 87 octane now cause your stock. When you get you SCT Xcal2 and plug it in it will load your stock tune for you if you want to go back for some reason. After you run out the 87 octane, just fill with 93 if you have it in your area. You can change the tune right there at the pump if you want. Change to 93 octane and let her eat!

Your gonna love it...
[sm=thanx.gif]awwww ok, Im with it now!!!! Just learned something new!!! Im thinking I still got much more to learn
Old 10-18-2006, 12:37 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

Okay, call me a tard [sm=grin.gif]......Im still learning this "tuner" stuff............so he's strictly talking about 93 octane??? Im with ya!!! So when I buy my SCT he is suggesting I get a tune to run 93??? Does that really make much of a difference? I will get (3) tunes of my choice so I have to make them count!!!!
You get a 87, 91 and 93 octane tune in your SCT. Your most likley running 87 octane now cause your stock. When you get you SCT Xcal2 and plug it in it will load your stock tune for you if you want to go back for some reason. After you run out the 87 octane, just fill with 93 if you have it in your area. You can change the tune right there at the pump if you want. Change to 93 octane and let her eat!

Your gonna love it...

I don't have one yet but will soon. I want to add that from what I understand based on the learning I've experienced here, you need to specify what three octanes of gas are available in your area and get THOSE loaded in your tune. The statement above that "you get a 87, 91, and 93" are not necessarily true. You get what you ask for based on what YOU need in YOUR area. Mid-grade gas in some of the states I've lived in is only 89 octane and the high octane was only 91.....so if I still lived there, I'd only need 87, 89, and 91 tunes. Unless I'm wrong, that's a critical point to clarify when you decide to order your tune. Don't order a 93 if you don't even have 93 gas in your area!

Nick
Old 10-18-2006, 12:54 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Just tell Brent where you live, and what you are trying to accomplish with your tune...(top end, torque, etc.) He will fix you up. Listen to him, he knows his stuff.
I am in California, so no 93 Octane here. Brent fixed me up with a "Modified Ca. 93 tune" Runs like a raped ape.....And yes, you can tell the difference between say, this tune, and the 91 or 87 tune.....

Mike
Old 10-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

[IMG]local://upfiles/11318/7B0F461C51A044A3A04207A36ACC51F9.jpg[/IMG]

Is that david hasselhoff???
Are you joking? That's Steve Mcqueen![8D]
Old 10-18-2006, 12:26 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silencer06

Your gonna love it...

I don't have one yet but will soon. I want to add that from what I understand based on the learning I've experienced here, you need to specify what three octanes of gas are available in your area and get THOSE loaded in your tune. The statement above that "you get a 87, 91, and 93" are not necessarily true. You get what you ask for based on what YOU need in YOUR area. Mid-grade gas in some of the states I've lived in is only 89 octane and the high octane was only 91.....so if I still lived there, I'd only need 87, 89, and 91 tunes. Unless I'm wrong, that's a critical point to clarify when you decide to order your tune. Don't order a 93 if you don't even have 93 gas in your area!

Nick

Thanks for the great information guys!!!! I guess you dont have to start a thread to become the student and learn!!! Hubby told me that I will get to order my stuff in about 2-weeks!! Im so excited I might pee my pants!!!![sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 10-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Is there any way to correct the throttle lag problem without getting premium fuel tune? Like maybe a new throttle body or tightening throttle cable? Does just the CAI help even a little?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:00 PM
dsteber

Well, let me tell ya.....I bought the DeMolet CAI tunable induction and his version of the SCT II tuner with the 87, 91, and 93 tunes. First I used the 87. That in itself--well I did install the CAI--took care of the throttle lag issue I was having---06 GT Vert Auto. When I ran out of 87, I filled her up with 93. Changed the Tune, and I nearly pissed my pants!!! It was/is great. I just installed some 18X9 DD Chrome bullets. Man, they look great. Spinners should be here early next week. After I finish this turnaround with ExxonMobil, I will paint the calipers and add the "mustang" lettering and icon on there. Can't Wait!!! Oh, one more thing---those Sumitomo's that came with the wheels from Americanmuscle.com----I made a good 100 degree turn at about 40 I think--maybe faster--and it felt like I was on rails!!! No tire slide or screeching. Very sweet.