4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Thinking about painting my stock Starfish wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Phaxtor
1st Gear Member

Ignore the post... misread and now feel retarded hah.

Last edited by Phaxtor; 02-25-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: misread something I quoted
Old 02-26-2012, 03:16 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mmmmMuffinz
yeah its deff a TON cheaper than gettin em powdercoated! haha and if you take your time and do it right and do all the prep work like you said than they turn out great! the ponies on the center caps I hand painted with an artist brush.

I throw out my opinion. I sit here with my 12 year old son looking at your car. With all the little black pieces. He loves it, says he wouldn't change a thing. I however think it looks a little childish. NOT dissing your ride, just not my style or the way I would of went with it. Take hpwrestlers220's advice.

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
^^^^ Car would look awesome with wheels all black, hood scoop things red, side scoops red, front grill and lower grille sprayed black, and without the louvers. Oh yeah and without those pony's on the door.

Do itttttt

Laser red with black looks awesome if you haven't noticed by now. I've been happy ever since I murdered my car out.
Always thought I was never a big fan of red cars. Yours looks freaking bad A$$.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:15 AM
FlamingoGT
2nd Gear Member

What is that black rubbery stuff that everybody seemed to be talking about a few months ago... spray can like paint, but you could paint over it and then peel it off later if you didn't like the look (supposedly with no ill effects even).
If that stuff is as good as they were saying, you could put that on and play with different color schemes to see if you really did like the reality as much as the theory. I have thought of doing that to my car for a different look, but haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:42 AM
kj4kym
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FlamingoGT
What is that black rubbery stuff that everybody seemed to be talking about a few months ago... spray can like paint, but you could paint over it and then peel it off later if you didn't like the look (supposedly with no ill effects even).
If that stuff is as good as they were saying, you could put that on and play with different color schemes to see if you really did like the reality as much as the theory. I have thought of doing that to my car for a different look, but haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
that would be plasti-dip. You can pick it up at Lowes or home depot... I just did my wheels and they look so much better... not sure about painting over the dip to play with colors though? May work?
Old 02-26-2012, 02:05 PM
FlamingoGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kj4kym
that would be plasti-dip. You can pick it up at Lowes or home depot... I just did my wheels and they look so much better... not sure about painting over the dip to play with colors though? May work?
Back in the plasti-dip threads they were talking about it. May have to do a quick search for that and see again...
Old 02-27-2012, 02:07 PM
mmmmMuffinz

haha well thanks for the feedback myGT03! I appreciate it

This is the style/color scheme I was kinda trying to duplicate because I LOVE the red and black 1971 Mach 1's >>>

(notice how it has the black on the hood, black spoiler, black decals on the sides, black chin spoiler, louvers, black grille)