Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Magnacharger??

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 10:45 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Team Stilllen
Any supercharger system you install should probably come with an intercooler. It doesnt just need to be hot climate areas. Boost is boost and blowers generate heat. Sometimes in excess of 300 degrees when you're driving hard. Vortech offers a good air to water unit but your price goes right back up to the $5500 range. We have been working with Magnuson on the import side as well as with all of their new Gm products which are making incredible amounts of power and a very reliable system.

We are one of Magnuson's largest west coast dealers and have been using them on our on manufactured ssystems for years. We've been around for over 25 years and wouldn't mind seeing if we could help you out. Shoot me a PM or email at ericc@stillen.com and let's see what we can do for you!
thanks for the heads up! I have read and seen everywhere that the GM guys really like the Magnacharger and making some great numbers with those kits. I understand the market is pretty fierce right now for superchargers and how even a tried and true design could fall behind the newer tech kits. Its a great value, no doubt about that.. I'll definetly take you guys up on that offer in helping out.

also..
One of the main reasons the Hotparts.com is alot less than the other sites is because it lacks the GT500 TB and it uses stock sized injectors, if anyone else was wondering. Plus it comes with the 3.3 pulley, while the other kits are the "standard" 3.0 I believe.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:17 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 01-02-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:44 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BruceH
Hard decision to make, isn't it? Did you come any closer to making that decision? You can always wait until you have the money to get what you really want. Compromise usually costs more in the end because eventually you will get what you originally wanted.

There is a saying from my competition rifle days. "Buy the best the first time and only cry once". It applies to just about everything.

It may be some time.. but I'll post up vids and pics when I get it.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Chris D
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
thanks for the heads up! I have read and seen everywhere that the GM guys really like the Magnacharger and making some great numbers with those kits. I understand the market is pretty fierce right now for superchargers and how even a tried and true design could fall behind the newer tech kits. Its a great value, no doubt about that.. I'll definetly take you guys up on that offer in helping out.

also..
One of the main reasons the Hotparts.com is alot less than the other sites is because it lacks the GT500 TB and it uses stock sized injectors, if anyone else was wondering. Plus it comes with the 3.3 pulley, while the other kits are the "standard" 3.0 I believe.

For the record, I sent an e-mail to J&M/Hot Parts asking if your statements were true....that they use stock size fuel injectors and what's the gains with the GT500 TB....here is their reply..."All Magnacharger kits ship from the factory in the same condition. If a company is upgrading certain things on it then it is not a factory packaged Magnacharger kit. The TB will help a little but it won't be a huge upgrade."
Old 02-28-2010, 12:24 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chris D
For the record, I sent an e-mail to J&M/Hot Parts asking if your statements were true....that they use stock size fuel injectors and what's the gains with the GT500 TB....here is their reply..."All Magnacharger kits ship from the factory in the same condition. If a company is upgrading certain things on it then it is not a factory packaged Magnacharger kit. The TB will help a little but it won't be a huge upgrade."

.. they sure also love charging a premium for extra parts. I seen some sites trying to sell these Magnas for nearly $6K!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:46 AM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

gotta love the twin screw whine

it's old now but here's my buddy's 04 GT on 400whp with with a kenne bell. with 305 DR's in the back it would hook even in 1st! the last part of the video it goes from a 15mph roll to 90mph in about 7 seconds

http://www.superpimps.com/clubhonda/...ltestdrive.wmv
Old 03-07-2010, 01:15 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by candymanjl
gotta love the twin screw whine

it's old now but here's my buddy's 04 GT on 400whp with with a kenne bell. with 305 DR's in the back it would hook even in 1st! the last part of the video it goes from a 15mph roll to 90mph in about 7 seconds

http://www.superpimps.com/clubhonda/...ltestdrive.wmv

holy smokes, that GT hauls ***..