General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HEADS????

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 07:51 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Default RE: HEADS????

ORIGINAL: fordfanboi

ORIGINAL: JD1969
This is a classic case of "what I bought works for me so it's the best for everyone".
It is eh? If you say so Mr. Moderator.

The question was, "What's the best kind of heads", so I answered honestly that I like my AFR's and would suggest AFR as the best kind of heads. Then I was asked, "What exactly do those numbers mean", so I answered that as best I could off the top of my head. He never stated desired power numbers, so all that can be done is to answer the questions as asked. If the question was, "What's the best kind of heads for my 347 stroker application to build 300hp", the answer would be different.

For all I / or you? know, "UNLESS he goes with a huge cam and big gears" could be applicable.
I agree that AFR probably makes one of the best aftermarket heads on the market, and would definatly reccomend them. Sorry if came across as kinda harsh, you are new and have not seen some of the BS that tries to pass as tech advice at this place. Lots of memebers here are young and think that just because what they have works for them it is the "best". For example a person will ask about a drag radial and we will get 5 people who say "Nittos rulz" when thats the only tire they have ever owned. Again I am sorry if came off the wrong way.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:56 PM
1BIGMOFO
5th Gear Member

hey thank you. any advise to me is good advise.. yea i deffinitley know what you mean about the drag tires.. I have bf ta's and i figured I would throw out my experiences with them.. I may not have the best advise in the world but i feel if i can offer someone any info at all its more that they had before... and the same for me.... thank all of you guys... I will be here for a while so hopefully we can all become friends... and help each other out to the best of our abilities
Old 02-17-2006, 07:58 PM
fordfanboi

ORIGINAL: JD1969
I agree that AFR probably makes one of the best aftermarket heads on the market, and would definatly reccomend them. Sorry if came across as kinda harsh, you are new and have not seen some of the BS that tries to pass as tech advice at this place. Lots of memebers here are young and think that just because what they have works for them it is the "best". For example a person will ask about a drag radial and we will get 5 people who say "Nittos rulz" when thats the only tire they have ever owned. Again I am sorry if came off the wrong way.
Oh, I understand. I recently resigned from an admin position over at rankmyride.com. Got tired of the "whining and drama" BS that goes on there when peeps lose their precious internet points. I was to the point where I had to struggle to be polite all the time, and it just wasn't worth the effort, so I resigned and can now tell peeps to STFU!

And to the original author, wanting to do it right the first time is a GREAT approach. It costs a little more up front, but saves LOADS in the long run. GL!

Old 02-17-2006, 08:27 PM
1BIGMOFO
5th Gear Member

thanks alot, at least there are still some good people in the world!